AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And they sound great folks:

'Heroes' HD DVD Specs Revealed

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has today unveiled the full specs for its upcoming highly-anticipated HD DVD debut of 'Heroes: Season One' box set.

One of the most buzzed-about HD DVD releases of the summer, Universal announced earlier this month that it would finally debut the breakout series in high-def on August 28, day-and-date with the standard def release.

Now, they have issued a full press release detailing the contents of the set, which makes good on comments made earlier this year by the show's creators that it would contain a well of never-before-seen bonus content.

In addition to 1080p transfers and Dolby Digital-Plus 5.1 surround (1.5mbps) soundtracks on every episode, the supplemental features extensive. Goodies include the original 73-minute version of the show's pilot (with optional filmmaker commentary), five making-of featurettes, and no less than fifty deleted scenes.

Amazon Pre-order Here

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
No mention of Combo YEAH! No TruHD Boo!

$79.95 list so we might see it on Amazon around $55-$60 on the release date.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capek /forum/post/0

It doesn't list any exclusive HD-DVD content, so this can't be the final word on the release, right?

Well, DD+ at 1.5mbps is a start

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wonder what happened to the other thread. In it, digitalbits said it's a combo release, which I like, because frankly I'm not spending 70 bucks on a season just to ONLY watch it in one player. Also, it'll allow me to hook other friends of mine on the show.

The exclusive content that was mentioned in the other thread as well were U-control on episodes, and online network content.

·
Banned
4,488 Posts
"Extras will include the original 73 minute un-aired pilot episode with optional commentary by creator Tim Kring, 50 deleted and extended scenes, a making of featurette, a special effects featurette, a featurette on the score, a profile of artist Tim Saleand, and a stunts featurette. A HD DVD release will also be available for $99.98. This will include all of the above, along with additional material (PIP video commentaries, a Genetic Abilities test, and more)."
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/heroes.html

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think this is gonna be a big mover!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Its a tough call, but I have pretty much two weekdays nights dedicated to preparing,watching,talking about Heroes and Lost with my friends.

Heroes on hd-dvd will be phenom.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
here is the PR release

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070518/laf034.html?.v=94

"Heroes: Season 1" reveals some of the show's hidden secrets with interviews, mini documentaries and extensive profiles, including:

* Unaired Pilot: The Tim Kring Cut with Audio Commentary -- A full 73

uninterrupted minutes of the original, unaired, extended pilot

episode, as Heroes' creator Tim Kring first envisioned it, with a

character never seen.

* The Making of "Heroes" -- From concept to pop culture phenomenon, a

behind-the-scenes look at the hottest new series on television

* Special Effects -- The secrets behind the eye-popping visuals that give

the Heroes their amazing powers.

* The Stunts -- A back stage look at the show's hair-raising stunts.

* Mind Reader -- Matt Parkman's mind reading abilities reveal your inner

Hero with a series of simple tests.

* Profile of Artist Tim Sale -- A look at the Eisner Award-winning comic

book artist (Spiderman, Batman, Daredevil) behind much of the

Manga-influenced artwork used in the show.

* The Score -- Go behind the scenes with Wendy Melvin and Lisa Coleman

(of Prince's The Revolution) as they create their ASCAP Award-winning

musical score.

* 50 Deleted and Extended Scenes

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
i could skip the last 2 episodes on tv. and watch the final episodes on hd-dvd. now that would be a true sacrifice

that said. the combos should stay home. no fooking combos!!!! for 80 bucks it better not be!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Bryce /forum/post/0

I wonder what happened to the other thread. In it, digitalbits said it's a combo release, which I like, because frankly I'm not spending 70 bucks on a season just to ONLY watch it in one player. Also, it'll allow me to hook other friends of mine on the show.

The exclusive content that was mentioned in the other thread as well were U-control on episodes, and online network content.

They are releasing this on standard DVD, so show your friend how great it looks in HD. Then let them decide if they want to go the lo res DVD or hi res HD DVD route.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Trent /forum/post/0

They are releasing this on standard DVD, so show your friend how great it looks in HD. Then let them decide if they want to go the lo res DVD or hi res HD DVD route.

How about my other point which is I may not ONLY want to watch it in HD all the time, in only one room?

Also, 80 bucks for just hd-dvd's is really high, even if its something as good as Heroes. Combo discs will justify the price. Besides, by the time it hits, if Universal hasn't gotten their combo problems fixed, we have more to worry about than just compatability problems.

Some people seem to just hate combos for some reason. Half the people on this forum complain they drive up the price, yet right now everyone is willing to spend 80 on just hd-dvd's. If these aren't combos, I'll buy them on standard def and upconvert. I'm not spending that much to just watch it in one player, though.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo26 /forum/post/0

Why not spanish subtitles ?

Maybe those can be downloaded with web enabled content at some point?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts