AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been trying to find this online somewhere, but so far no luck. I've looked in the FAQ, remotecentral.com,hifi-remote.com and still haven't found it. Basically it seems like if I'm reading this stuff correctly there is a code you can assign to each Replay (0-15) that tells that box to only respond to codes from a specific remote. I've found pronto and home theater master codes for 0, 1, and 2 with 0 being the "control all" remote, but haven't been able to find the codes for anything higher than 2 and also can't figure out how one would create these.

Anyone have a suggestion of where to look?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
If I rember (and I've only started to investiage this) there's a system field in the code set that must be edited, you copy the code set and then edit every command's system field.

I think there info is listed here somewhere.

You can check Robman's yahoo group. JP6 something or other...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Start with Craig Colvin's site ( http://www.craigcolvin.com/pronto/ReplayCodes.html ) and follow his instructions. You'll need a copy of ProntoEdit, if you don't already have one. If you have a 5k RTV, you'll also need the Commercial Advance code, which is 43.

Craig has made available his CCF containing codes for two RTV units. It can be found here . There are also a couple such files on Remote Central.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Just remember, all Replays respond to RC6 Code 0, always. So if you setup your units in one room, use the pronto exclusively. Set each unit to a code other than 0. They will then respond to the new code, PLUS the 0 code. The stock remote will still control all of them, all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I'm going to try this tonight, but I think I understand how it is supposed to work now.

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
For the confused (JP6? I think Jeff meant J6P :) ) JP1 remotes can easily be programmed to separately control up to 15 RTVs (at least the 5000s have 1-15 for codes). Other programming 'languages' will differ in ease of application!

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Lee's right, as I was typing I though... sure looks like J6P... JP1 would be correct. =)

I was commenting on stuff I'm just on the brink of starting to understand with the milti-unit control.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do exactly what JeffD said.

I have a pronto and started with the clean RC6A codes from one of the CCFs posted at remotecental. This is probably the one mentioned above. I have posted my CCF to this forum in the past as it also contains a clean set for WebTV (including a working 8 - or was it 5?).

Anyway, if you have that CCF, doing 3-15 should be very simple to figure out, but a little tedious to do. Just compare the same button between 0, 1, & 2. You should see that only 1 item is different between the 3. Now I am trying to remember from many many months ago, and I don't have ProntoEdit on this PC, but I think Jeff is correct in that it is the "System" number. Now I also think I remember there being a strange behavior in the UI, in that when you actually go in to edit the entry, everything is reset and you have to enter everything in fresh, so there can be a lot of cut-n-pasteing.

-- Rob

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Mark, you don't actually mention if you're using a Pronto. If not, what remote are you trying to use.

Just FYI, the original Replay remotes from the 2000, 3000 and 5000 series can be re-programmed (using JP1) to work just one unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I spent a bunch of time with this last night, and things almost worked, but not quite. I have a home theatre master remote so I started with device 1 and 2 from a downloaded .mxd file from remotecentral.com. From there I got the pronto editor and a .ccf file that had device 1 and 2.

I then went into the pronto editor and changed the device 1 coded replay tv entry to be device 3. What I did was open up each button and set the RC6A code from 1 1 ## to 1 3 ##.

I then saved and imported this .ccf into the mxeditor and moved the new buttons over to the mxf file I had created. When downloaded to the remote, device 1 works for the replay set to respond to 1, device 2 works for the replay set to respond to 2, however device 3 (the one I made) seems to be identical to device 1.

I think I did something wrong in the process of editing the buttons as when I open up the hex codes that are actually being sent they are all the same. I was able however today to get a single command to generate a different hex IR code so I'm going to try and redo all the commands in the same way. If sucessfull I'll post my working .mxf/.ccf files somewhere for anyone else who was going to try this.

Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
If you don't manage to figure it out, maybe you should consider getting a JP1 cable and then using it to re-program your original Replay remote (all series except 4000 series) to send the right signals and then learn from the Replay remote into the HTM remote (MX700, I assume).

With JP1, you don't have to change the unit code one a button by button basis, you can change it once for the entire upgrade.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Mark,

I have an MX-700, and I recently created an .mxd file that contains four distinct ReplayTV command sets. I was planning on uploading it to Remote Central, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. If you're interested, I would be happy to e-mail you a copy. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks that file did the trick. No longer having to do strange aiming of remotes to turn half the stuff on and the other half off at the same time makes life a lot more user friendly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.