Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...make it more than just a plain old status bar. listen up:

in light of the recent discussions on status bars, i'd like to give my ideas on a good status bar if the engineering team does decide to implement it.

1. by gawd! make it optional. an option under playback preferences to turn it off.

2. make it as slim as possible, nice blue color or something consistent with the currently unintrusive colors of the GUI.

3. give it 'ReplayMarkers'. let the user mark a point in the show to which she can jump arbitrarily (some VCRs can already do this, but it ain't instant). i know that you can jump to any place in the show by punching in the minutes + jump, however, i don't like the idea of paying attention to a show or game and trying to memorize 22, 37, 42, 112, 119, 125.

that's basically it. i'm sure some of you have more to add.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ReplayJanitor
...nice blue color or something consistent...
Well, a Gucci or Valentino design would confer more status to the bar....

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
.....and if it was Valentines Day or you have the "Modesto Girl" entered in the clawfoot portal, the status bar would be made up of little hearts :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh, c'mon people! ideas, not mocking.

i think they're going to add a status bar sooner or later, so just try to make the best of it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
IF they add a status bar, as long as they allow the option to turn it off (even if it's a CFP command), what's the big deal? If it can be globally turned on or off, shouldn't that just make everyone happy? This is not a feature that I would personally want, but I realize potential converted TiVo customers (few though they may be) might find this an important feature. (And shouldn't getting as many TiVo users as possible to purchase a replay be part of D&M's sales strategy?) Even one that would be a deciding factor in whether or not to actually get replay in the first place. Just as TiVo's UI is the reason I no longer own one -- It's just not to my taste.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
1. A status bar takes up resources.

2. Question: are you willing to live with a performance hit to have a status bar?

3. Time to close this thread. (yeah, right!)

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I don't care one way or the other. Is a Status Bars worth 2 threads every [email protected] week ?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I dunno.

Seems like we have at least two threads every [email protected] week on just about any other topic that keeps coming around.

Might as well be status bars.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Status Bar...

If the ReplayTV had a Status Bar I'd want the option to turn it off.

The only feature I'd like to see is a toggle that would show the current time and elapsed time of the playing show in the upper right corner - yes, I know I can press Select/Display to get same/similar information, but I'd like it to be SMALL w/o the program description.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.