AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked and 19.1 UPN is broadcasting.

I just left a message with Charles in engineering asking if Enterprise and Buffy along with their other primetime shows are also going to be broadcast, and if so, if UPN was going to broadcast those standard res shows in doubled 480p and in what screen format? I also asked about any AC-3 sound formats what might be used, if different from what is available on standard cable.

As soon as I hear back, I'll post it here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
UPN has been up for a week or so. I watched Enterprise a week ago and it was windowboxed, but still looked very good, a little bit better than the 480p on FOX in my estimation. It's a nice clean signal.

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hookum: I just got off the phone with Charles at UPN and he said that eventually UPN is gonna supply them with new broadcast and reception gear and that should coincide with UPN national starting to send some of their shows in HD. Now, he said that they are sending it out upconverted to 1080i and NOT the 480p Fox stuff. That may be why it looks better than Fox. STill, I can't believe that they are sending Enterprise, which is shot in Widescreen, in windowboxed and not 16:9 fullscreen mode???

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Could someone tell me when 'Enterprise' is on?

I've never seen it.

Frank

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Frank: Here in Houston, usually it is on Wednesday evening but this week you can catch two episodes this Wednesday at 7pm and 8pm, CST. You also can usually watch a replay of the Wed nite episode on Sunday nite at 11pm.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
THanks Merc, I'll be sure and watch.

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.