AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Room is 13 ft wide and 20 ft long and I am about to pull the trigger with VELODYNE IMPACT 12 is that enough for the size of my Hometheater?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,043 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have infinity 100 watts 10" 'bout 7 yrs old. The rest of my speakers is Polk audio R50 for main and I have the Polk audio rm7500 for my center, left, right and back sorround. Onkyo 705 for the avr.

I really like SVS seems to me it is very popular in this forum but it is pricey for me my budget is 500.00 max.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

it wouldn't satisfy my bass needs. get something from an internet direct manufacturer like ED or SVS. i'd say Epik but their least expensive ported sub is almost 900 shipped which is way over the price of the Velodyne, but ED and SVS have some more inexpensive subs.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/

http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box.cfm [/QUOTE

I really dont have an idea when it comes to sub,

I checked out ED and so far I like their a3-250 and a2-250

with my room dimension 13x20x7.5 do you think a2-250 (200 watts) is good enough or should I go with a3-250 for 300 watts? I really like the design of these 2 kind of elongated, Kind of similar with velo impact 12. I have not check the svs but I know it is really popular here in this forum.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
I would try for the SVS PB-10 NSD as it has been recently been redesigned with a larger port and a more full featured amp from BASH.

The new PB-10 will completely crush your old Infinity. True useful response to ~18 HZ.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks I've checked the svs pb10 snd I am also considering it. To be honest the free shipping from ED is very tempting to just get the a2-250.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.