AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone new here but not new to HT or Audio and video. 20 years ago I setup theatres now the game has changed so I need advice and hopefully can give some in the future as my Passion is computer hardware Design and overclocking.

Need Help with my bedroom.

Room Dimensions are 20' Long so I sit about 19 feet back from Screen and

18' Wide

Display is a Samsung 55LCD

Amplifier is a Yamaha RV-1065V

Satalites are Energy Take 5 classics with 2 Kilipsh sats in the Back for 7.1

Subs are an Energy 8 inch and a Polk PSW-505 12-Inch

One sub is mounted to the left of screen about a foot awsy the Energy 8.

The other is in the right corner the Polk-505 12"

I have 2 questions

1 Should I ditch the energy sub BTW I have 2 but they did not sound good and too many subs were not giving me a good result.

2 I got a set of B&W CWM-650s and would like to put them in the celing as rear surrounds and keep the energys on my endtables beacuse they are small.

What rear channel should I put the Celing Speakers on?

Thanks in advance guys and hopefully I can help here in the future.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Its only been 5 hours since your original post. It is the middle of the day and people are at work. Your question is a common one that gets asked and re-asked on a daily basis. Don't be so impatient.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
have you experimented with each sub used separately ?

Have you tried different locations ?

Subs in "corners" are usually not at their best. Energy Take Classics are tiny for a room that size, I'm surprised you are not having more problems with them, then the subs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_vanmeter /forum/post/18155123

have you experimented with each sub used separately ?

Have you tried different locations ?

Subs in "corners" are usually not at their best. Energy Take Classics are tiny for a room that size, I'm surprised you are not having more problems with them, then the subs.

Thanks I am going to try to see if moving the 12' Sub to the left of the TV position and eliminating the 8 would help. I have the Energy sub 90 degrees out on Phase and set to 150Hz I thought it would act as a kind of mid sub.

It does sound really well though.

Thing is I now have the Celing Speakers B&W CWM 650s I would like to use in addition I have some B&W LM-1s but only 1 set of each.

Would it Help if I uploaded a drawing of the room as this is my bedroom and my first HT Setup I am doing eventually I will build dedicated in the basement.

Also I have JBL Subs with 2 18s in each cabinet and elephant ears from back in the day doing Theatres and a rack of soundcraftsman amps and other ASST: Equiptment JBL Control 5s and control 1s. Problem is even though the room is Fairly big its still my bedroom and I have furniture and a king size bed to contend with that is why I went with the small energy speakers and cannot use the big subs. Sorry for the long post but I am looking to learn what I am up against as alot has changed in these 20 someodd years.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18154851

Its only been 5 hours since your original post. It is the middle of the day and people are at work. Your question is a common one that gets asked and re-asked on a daily basis. Don't be so impatient.

I asked if I posted in the wrong section as there are about 100 different topics. I am new here Day 1 I know people are at work I am still at work. I did not know it was a common problem as I searched for Celing mount 2 speakers in 2 out and 7.2 and did not get a specific answer. Why are you telling me not to be impatient as I only asked if it was in the right place?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.