AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I just purchased my first projector this weekend. Pretty excited and I want to lean alot more about it. My friend MYoung helped to steer me in the right direction and I picked up a 1272q.

As far as hooking it up to the computer for a htpc, I am using a radeon 8500 vid card. Would I need anything else between the computer and projector? Sorry, but I don't know hardly any of the terminology yet. Any input would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hi Lincoln. Welcome to the Forum. You don't need any other device between the HTPC and the Projector besides a good set of RGBHV cables. You can get your video (Radeon) card modded by Mike Parker but that can come in the future once you are familiar with your projector and are desiring greater image fidelity. Your HTPC will take the place of an inline scaler typically used in high-end systems. You'll need to setup your HTPC resolution to best match your projector. Some 1272 owners probably can recommend the resolution to use. You do have a choice of different DVD SW players for your HTPC (PowerDVD, WindDVD, TheaterTek, etc).

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Welcome to AVS.

In time, you might want to get a VGA interface on the chain, to give the

signal a little more boost(1v) before it reaches the Pj.

Nich

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Welcome to AVS. Don't worry, we offer support groups for CRT addiction.

The 1272 is a robust, and pretty easy to set up projector. You should be fine as is to start. There's always room to tweak later.

Have fun.

Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.