AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using it for two days and I must say it is not for everyone, I am very happy because of how I set up my viewing area. Because I have a Sony 1270 it is not a bright as the 9" PJs but this screen really makes this projector scream. The BRT & Cnt can be turned down which keeps from overdriving the tubes, and the Pix is great. Because I set this up for me I am not off angle. My eyes when lying on the couch line up with the right edged of the screen. Even off angle this screen does a very good job but there is a sweet spot right down the center. Color shift is not bad and would be better if I had the PJ father away from the screen. All in All I am very happy with the screen and would recommend it to the lower power PJs. This thing is Bright. and the Blacks are fine, your room should be as dark as possible as this screen attracts light.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I use a Hi-Power screen also with my Sony 1252. All I can say is that I love it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
O.k, just how "bad" is the color shift? and, is there any hotspots? My ecp4000 is floor mounted, in a light controlled room with dark walls and the seat placement starts at about 1.5X screen width (45x80). Viewers heads in the outer seats line up approximatley with the edge of the screen. Does color shift mean that you'll see a shift in colour, from a viewing position, across the screen or, only if you get up and move to another seat? I've just asked for a sample from Da-Lite of the high power and video spectra 1.5 to see which I like best. At the moment I'm using a Behr painted canvas and I'd like it just a bit brighter.....

·
Registered
792 Posts
I also have a da lite high power with a ELECTROHOME 8500, and the two work beautifully well, together. My unit is floor mounted, so i get the full benefit of the 2.8 gain, and there is no hot spotting i can see, and just very minor color shifting. HIGHLY recomended !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris

Color shift is only when going from one side of the screen to the other,( really not shift from screen more because of the tube positions) The hottest image is right down the center but very bright at the rated off axis. Their is no hot spot in the center of the screen the whole screen gets the brightest when you are on center.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.