AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

long time lurker decided to finally man up and post. Here is my simple hidden home theater

Onkyo TX-NR609

Infinity 5.1 surround speakers ( they were given to me and they do the job for the most part lol)

Epson 8350 Projector

96" Elite Screen

Automation

iTach IR2IP

Roomie Remote on iOS

and a video

·
Registered
264 Posts
looks great, i would love to do what you did with the upper cabinets/screen myself if i didn't have such a low ceiling in the basement.. looks sneaky.

ikea cabinets?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Love the room and want that chair.

·
Registered
264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoncloud /forum/post/21898303

thanks, yeah they are ikea besta cabinets

thought so, how much work was it to modify them for the screen to come out.. looks like you had to obviously slat the bottom, but also the sides of the inner panels?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not to much work, nothing a table saw and a dremmel couldn't handle in a day, ill see if i take a pic of it with the cabinets open tonight

·
Registered
264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoncloud /forum/post/21902776

not to much work, nothing a table saw and a dremmel couldn't handle in a day, ill see if i take a pic of it with the cabinets open tonight

sweet, thanks

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
Nice looking room, love the drop down screen implementation. Looks like you're a good candidate to post on the Ikea hackers website.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Very slick setup with the dropdown screen. What is that red orange gray green artwork?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its an old Wireless G (WRT54GL) running a custom firmware, everything in the house is hard wired so i haven't really had the need to upgrade to an N its on my list just not at the top

·
Registered
192 Posts
Very nice. I have a similar color room and havent thought of using white for my next tv stand. Your place makes me think of using white. I also love the hidden projector screen, I am currently projecting on a beige wall because I dont want a screen visible, your idea of hiding the screen is great. I wonder if I can do the same with a 120" screen.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts