AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just set up a wall mounted dvd shelf below my LCD for the digital box and xbox. I need to hide the coax wire and the two power cables running down the wall to the outlets. I'm wondering what the cleanest solution would be to do this?

Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
go to lowes...they have a "wire hider". Its about $8-10 for 6 feet. You cut to fit, paint it to match your walls.. put your wires inside and double side tape it to the wall. its very similar to wireloom in its function but looks 100x better.

You should be able to cram those 3 cables in there...may take some effort...

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
If you do use that, don't use the double side tape. Just put screws in the backside to the drywall. If you use the tape, it will tear up your drywall if you ever move it. Don't ask me how I known

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you mean cleanest looking hire an electrician and have them put the outlets in back of the mount. You may even be able to do it yourself.

If you mean cleanest as in easiest. The track will do. I don't like it though.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
+1, add an AC outlet, and move the LV outlet, for the 'cleanest' install.

If you add AC and LV outlets behind the TV, you can leave both of the existing outlets/wallplates, and probably avoid any drywall repair and painting.

If you hire a professional LV integrator, he might not be legally allowed to move the outlet - might require an electrician. Power bridge - extending the outlet - might be a legal option for a LV integrator.

If you hire an electrician, he might save a lot of time and may just cut the drywall. You can pay the electrician for the extra time required to avoid drywall cutting, or you can save the money and repair drywall/paint.

If you figure out how to DIY, you can take as long as you like to avoid cutting the drywall.

And, of course, the Wiremold is the cheapest, and easiest, option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts