AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there such a thing as high air flow fan filters? my equipment is in a cabinet that includes two fan panels, each fan panel consists of 6 x 120mm fans side by side, one panel is for intake the other for outtake... cabinet air flow has always been outstanding with this configuration but the intake panels sucks in too much dust for my liking, so much so that i would finally like to find a solution.

i recently tried these fan filters but found that they decrease air intake tremendously, to the point that it's hard to believe that they're a viable option for anyone... so my question is: is there a popular filter that most enthusiasts use, a filter with that allows for high air flow? perhaps even a fabric filter that can be cut to size? any help would be appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BXYWJ9K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Yes. Look up HEPA filters. They're designed for high airflow with low resistance.

Note that the typical computer fan doesn't have much sucking power - they do not work well with high negative pressures at the intake. However they can maintain high airflow even with higher back pressure caused by putting a filter in front of the fan output. In other words, make them blow, not suck, through the filter.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. Look up HEPA filters. They're designed for high airflow with low resistance.

Note that the typical computer fan doesn't have much sucking power - they do not work well with high negative pressures at the intake. However they can maintain high airflow even with higher back pressure caused by putting a filter in front of the fan output. In other words, make them blow, not suck, through the filter.

thanks, very helpful, will check it out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
is there such a thing as high air flow fan filters? my equipment is in a cabinet that includes two fan panels, each fan panel consists of 6 x 120mm fans side by side, one panel is for intake the other for outtake... cabinet air flow has always been outstanding with this configuration but the intake panels sucks in too much dust for my liking, so much so that i would finally like to find a solution.

i recently tried these fan filters but found that they decrease air intake tremendously, to the point that it's hard to believe that they're a viable option for anyone... so my question is: is there a popular filter that most enthusiasts use, a filter with that allows for high air flow? perhaps even a fabric filter that can be cut to size? any help would be appreciated.

Amazon.com: 140mm x 2 Magnetic Frame Dust Filter, Computer Dust Filter and 140mm x 2 Fan Filter Set of 2: Computers & Accessories
are you sure they are high quality? a high quality one would've worked well. Like i got a few fans that were default, but the default quality is always a little bit weird. I can not express how many troubles I Was having with them, thinking that that it would be more wisely to get some more expensive ones, yet I couldn't manage to do that, due to quarantine ofcourse (thanks to that). And one day it actually broke, but those kind of fans no one is repairing, yet considering quarantine, I couldn't get in touch with anyone but guys from socool.sg that really managed to help me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts