AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dedicated room that is 20' 3 long by 12'2" wide by 7'10" high. I have a two foot false wall with a 122" 2.37 carada screen hanging on it. I am seated 12'5" from the screen. Right now I am using a polk LSIC for the center and LSI9's for the front left and right. They are about 1foot and change from the side walls and about 6 inches from the rear wall. I am using four LSIFX diplo/bipole for the side and rear surrounds. I am running the front and rear soundstage off of an emotiva amp and the rear surronds and Planning to use the high and wides off the Onkyo 3007 I just bought.

Can I use some small polk bookshelf speakers for the high and wides? (old polk RT15's) Or do I need to match them to my LSI series. That would get expensive. LOL I know that I can run the highs with enough space but can I put the wides up and if so would they have to be infront of my false wall? Should I move my front left and right closer to the center so I would have room for the wides on the sides? Keep in mind my usable space is 2 foot shorter than the 20'3'. I know that there are a couple questions here but any help/info from someone in a similar situation would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
633 Posts
audyssey has specific recs on their site...

wides: monopole, at ear level, 60* off center each way, match the mains

highs: monopole, 45* off center, 45* azimuth

that said, nothing is gospel. run whatcha brung and see how it works.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
anything within the front soundstage should match (at least the tweeters).....BUT, as mentioned, you have absolutely nothing to lose by experimenting with what you already have...they may work out fine.

·
Lifetime Member
1,544 Posts
fyi the 3007 cannot do both high and wides at the same time, you can wire them together, but you'll be reproducing the same signal in them. buy definitely try to voice match the front./

·
Registered
633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufokillerz /forum/post/18243222

fyi the 3007 cannot do both high and wides at the same time.

yes, that.

per audyssey, the wides provide a far more significant contribution than the highs.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
don't wire the highs and wides on each side together, that is useless.

go with the wides and try out your RT15's in that position

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jsut one more question. Since my left right and center are on the floor angled up underneath the projector screen should the wides be on the ground angled up as well or should they be at ear level like audessey suggests eventhough my front soundstage is on the ground? Thanks in advance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts