1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy was this a bomb , I can't believe Morgan Freeman would stoop to

this level...let alone he played a looousy drunk. Judd coulda been her

husbands mother, He looked like he was 23 or 24 years old . When

the murders took place 10+ years ago, this would make him 13 or so in the military.

The ditzy sister stunk it up , always in her panties convienently and she seemed more in the way than anything . The evidence was dug up to quickly and easily for this to be a covered up , national security issue. And for this guy to lie about his past and his name

to his wife for all those years...she surely forgave and forgot rather quickly.

She drops a few tears, pokes out her lips and asks why? he says "cause

I had to", they were blaming me..she's says ok..I'll defend you ! WTH ?

I see why this went from Theater to DVD/VHS to HBO so quickly.....

I could throw stones at this all day...and they stole a few ideas from

other flicks... They talked about putting a highly ranked and decorated

officer on the stand.. a la, A Few Good Men.

This would have been better suited for a (Lifetime channel)movie , I'd been a little more forgiving, I guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Agreed on all points. I didn't get the DVD, but watched this loser on HBO HD the other night. One of the most boring movie of the last several years, shot through with cliches from almost every government gone wrong/renegade soldier/military cover-up movies in the past. Amanda Peet, the ditzy sister, does her requisite topless/pantied character she is known for, Judd does her calm/strong female lead character, and Freeman just shows up for a paycheck.

Bottom line, don't waste your time or money on this dog

Rex

·
Registered
278 Posts
While some of your complaints about the plot are valid, I REALLY must point something out...

Ashley Judd was born April 19, 1968.

Jim Caviezel was born September 26, 1968.

This makes both of them 34. (well, Ashley is 35 now.)

10 years ago, he would have been 24 years old.

I guess you'd get fired at the local "guess your age" carnival attraction, huh?

And people are always complaining about 50 something men being paired with 20 something girls. :rolleyes: They finally put two folks of the same age together, and look what it gets them.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
I have to disagree. This movie, while not a blockbuster, was actually pretty good. AJ did a great job in this flick.
I agree, kipp. I enjoyed this one. Not one of my top 10, but enjoyable. Every film doesn't have to break new ground or have dramatic new twists in order to be good. And why is it not acceptable for her to believe him? That is what a committed marriage is supposed to be about - you stand by your mate. Until something is absolutely proven to be totally whacked out, you believe and stand by your spouse. (I know that some - many - will say that is not realistic, but I have been married for nearly 20 years - that is how it is supposed to work. I am not naive, I know it doesn't many times. But both parties should have enough commitment and integrity so that it should.)

Dick

·
Registered
67 Posts
Agreed. I did also like it actually.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Morgan Freeman is a great actor, but I getting tired of him playing the same character (brilliant detective) in nearly every movie.

There are minor variations in the movies and characters, but not much. It's to the point now where if I dropped in during one of these without seeing the title, I'd have trouble naming the movie:

High Crimes, Along Came a Spider, Kiss The Girls... There are probably 4 more that I can't think of.

I think the trend started with Se7ven. Great movie, but enough already!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes , the movie is watchable and I love AJudd...a great actor and a very sexy

lady that can hold her own. But being a movie buff, I look at a lot of things

other than the action. Character and build , chemistry..plot , sub plots ,location , believability , execution, and the most important part...the ending...many flicks lose it at the end, do all have to end happily?

I just think that the few complaints I mentioned above hold true .

Rlready...If your wife lied to you about her past, her name ,for many years you'd be ok with it ? And you found out she may be accoused of murdering/

executing a bunch of people...you'd be peachy ? I'm not saying you should file for divorce on the spot...but I'd bet you'd be PISSED for more than 2 minutes and drop more than 3-4 tears more than AJudd did.

And for a COVERED UP, national security issue 10+ years ago , she made what... 2 phone calls and dug up evidence with the character with the eye injury. The sister, while cute in her undergarments...served no purpose on the set, other than the fact she #@$% the military laywer and proclaimed it , at one point. I just expected more that's all...with that cast , I thought it would be a great flick. This was a lifetime channel movie...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.