AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right section of the forum for this question.

I have a Belkin PureAV power console, it's the smallest one of the group because I could only fit a 2 1/2" component. It has only one high current outlet. How do I connect the 3 components (Rotel receiver, Rotel amp, Velodyne sub) that I have and require high current outlets? I looked at Panamax, Furman, Monster, PSAudio and all the units that have more than 1 HC outlet are big and won't fit in my stand. Is there a power bar with at least 3 high current outlets? If so, would it be safe to connect it to the power console or should it go directly in the wall?

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I just bought the PureAV PF40 which is larger than the power centres, but it has only 2 high current outlets. I think even the PF60 only has 2 high current outlets.

I think you're going to find that more high current outlets will tend to go with more outlets overall and the size of the units is going to increase as a result.

I also have a PureAV power board with 8 outlets, 2 of which are supposedly high current. I'm not certain that it keeps pace with the needs of the integrated amp in my audio system. Once again I think number of high current outlets will tend to increase proportionately to total outlet numbers.

I don't think plugging a powerboard into your one high current outlet in the power centre is a good idea. There's definitely a limit on the total amperage these devices can pass, and there may be a limit on how much each bank in a unit can pass. Running 3 high current devices from an outlet intended for 1 may be too much current draw and all 3 devices will then suffer. I suspect you'll also void the warranty on your power centre since the manual for mine specifically states that the warranties are only valid if devices are plugged directly into the power conditioner, no extension cords or power boards allowed.

Your best option is probably a bigger unit and either get a larger rack or whatever to accommodate it or place it elsewhere but within reach of your components.

David Aiken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.