AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight's episode of The Weakest Link had the following question: "What do the letters 'HD' in 'HDTV' stand for?"

Ironic, considering (a) The Weakest Link is not broadcast in HDTV and (b) NBC is the worst network of the three majors in terms of hours of HD programming.

;)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Did anyone get the answer right or they are just dumb and clueless what "HD" mean?

Never got to watch the show......

Still waiting for the local Albuquerque TV stations to get their butt off the chair and get the OTA digital TV transmitter going!!

10-22-01

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I saw that too. But the funny thing is that my wife yelled it out before I could. Then she gave me a proud look and I had to 'high 5' her!

See, it doesn't take long to train 'em.:D

Mike Flanagan

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
A female friend of mine, who doesn't get what of the fuss about hdtv is all about; but hears me talk about it....

Called Immedaitely so proud of herself for knowing the answer. It was very funny.. Well at least I know she is listening a little.

As an aside. (I did meantion YandR being shown in HD last night and she seems more interested..... kinda sad, but I can't judge. I watch it, but only becuase it is in HD. :D )

--tony

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry, but I can't resist - after being one of the more hyped shows when it came on, it has simply tanked. I find it amazing that NBC hasn't dropped it yet and are even planning to add a syndicated version.

However, I didn't see an answer - did anyone get the right answer, or did the Wicked Witch have to degrade the contestants over their lack of knowledge?

:D

--Andrew

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you want to see something really funny, you should watch the Chinese version of the show. I have a friend who gets this and is is a riot. The Chinese woman they have hosting the show is equally obnoxious to the one on the American version.

I do not speak the language but the tone of voice she uses makes it sound like she is sentencing the losers to banishment to a prison camp where they will be forced to make Nike sneakers 20 hours a day.

I think that watching it in a completely foreign (to you) language lets you appreciate the essence of the show without the details getting in the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.