AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this while looking through Zillow this morning. It is in Oregon.

The rest of the house isn't too shabby either. LIsted at 18.95 Million.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Those balcony seats are really cool. That's something I haven't seen before in an HT.

Seems like it would be pretty challenging to get good sound up there as well as down low.

I would just change the colors. Something about that color scheme is not working for me. That light brown has got to go. It's not working with the natural wood color imho. Pretty easy fix.

·
Registered
EP 5050,120', A A towers w Raals, PSAs w DSP 8033-I, SonyHR/BRD, X4700, Buckeye amp, Palliser seats
1,866 Posts
Very nice and very unique. At least I can say I have the same chandalier in my foyer. lol

Reactions: brazensol

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Not sure this is against the rules but I'll save you a search:

The indoor horse track seems a bit excessive.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I bet their favorite TV series is Tiny House on Netflix. Stunnig home

Reactions: brazensol

·
Registered
337 Posts
incredible detail, yet impractical for a home theater. This one certainly is form before function.

Horrible viewing from balcony - lots of hard reflective surfaces - bad viewing angles - in wall small front speakers instead of AT screen with large dynamic speakers, relatively small screen for the space, looks to be pretty small subs given the size of the screen covers.

The dimensions of the room seem off for that size. I'd prefer wider stage for wider screen and sound with less depth for the way back balcony seats.

Id rather pass than to go to a viewing experience and sit in the balcony having to bend my neck down and look at the screen through metal rail bars. It's like sitting on the side of the front row at Imax - and at this budget and size - every seat in that space should be a good seat.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Saw this while looking through Zillow this morning
This is funny because I was doing the same, and came across a 6 million dollar home on Zillow this morning. Theater isn't nearly as opulent as the one you found... obviously your find is in a completely different ball park.

That screen is tiny for the room.
This 6 mil house is even worse for screen size. dont mean to hijack the thread.
Property Furniture Chair Lighting Interior design

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Tough crowd. Personally, I would take that theater in hearbeat. I like the balconies because it matches the design of the theater. They take nothing away from the primary viewing area and it would be a great place to veg with a laptop while a movie or music is playing in the background without disrupting the people below with the light of the screen. Better yet a place for teenagers who could care less about viewing angles or sound so they can watch the movie but still be on their cell phones.

The construction and attnetion to detail is top notch. Not everyone is into performance first. I am very impressed with that room and would love to be able to afford a property like that. With that said, there is plenty of space to redo that front wall with an AT screen with 3 M2s or your speaker of choice behind it with lots of subs below the screen.

That theater has a ton of potential to be improved upon if a high-roller enthusiasts buys the property.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Tough crowd. Personally, I would take that theater in hearbeat. I like the balconies because it matches the design of the theater. They take nothing away from the primary viewing area and it would be a great place to veg with a laptop while a movie or music is playing in the background without disrupting the people below with the light of the screen. Better yet a place for teenagers who could care less about viewing angles or sound so they can watch the movie but still be on their cell phones.

The construction and attnetion to detail is top notch. Not everyone is into performance first. I am very impressed with that room and would love to be able to afford a property like that. With that said, there is plenty of space to redo that front wall with an AT screen with 3 M2s or your speaker of choice behind it with lots of subs below the screen.

That theater has a ton of potential to be improved upon if a high-roller enthusiasts buys the property.
Perhaps tough crowd, but this is a home theater forum - and if it is a THEATER room ( not casual living room ), with a wildly expensive budget ( as shown by finishes and details ), then I think it is absolutely acceptable to be critical. Of course anyone would take this if it were given to them, but thats not the point. Also there is opportunity to redo it as needed, but again - at what was spent originally, I and many others see it as a wasted opportunity for an amazing home theater.

Living rooms are for kids to be on the cell phone, or just seat them in the back row of this theater. The balconies to me are waster money and space. I may seem harsh with my thoughts, but I believe at that price- there is room for criticism.

·
Registered
54 Posts
#1, there is really not much more room for the screen since it is pretty much wall to wall

#2, complaining about the balconies, really? What if there were no balconies at all but flat walls? Still you have the SAME main area for the theater, so the balconies are icing to the cake. And also very probably used in a theater setup, Galas, or live bands this person's income can afford, LOL. Hell, from what I can assume, he/she got live classical music performances held too. :D Little silly to say "some people with money and this setup..." when they will say, "well, is your "Home Theater" setup for a classical quartet? :D:D

·
Registered
Proofreading? What's that?
2,607 Posts
I like the balcony seats; that's where people who don't really care about the movie can sit and talk their way through it without bothering others. OR, send the teens to the balcony so they be on their phones while I sit down in the serious seats. Want a bigger screen size? Move to the front row. I've seen plenty of people sitting at the back of theaters, effectively drastically shrinking the size of the screen from their perspective. There is a lot of decorative diffusion in the room. I would love to watch a movie in that room; then, decide how it looks and sounds afterwards, instead of simply looking at pics.

·
Registered
Proofreading? What's that?
2,607 Posts
#1, there is really not much more room for the screen since it is pretty close wall to wall

#2, complaining about the balconies, really? What if there were no balconies at all but flat walls? Still you have the SAME main area for the theater, so the balconies are icing to the cake. And also very probably used in a theater setup, Galas, or live bands this person's income can afford, LOL. Hell, from what I can assume, he/she got live classical music performances held too. :D Little silly to say "some people with money and this setup..." when they will say, "well, is your "Home Theater" setup for a classical quartet? :D:D
No one else pointed out the stage, nice catch. This room is a theater, not just a movie theater. Bring on the live music and enjoy the night. With all of the horses and obvious business side, there are lots of parties that happen on the property. Personally, I want to know why they have to sell? Too many bad horse trades? Didn't properly pay taxes on horse income?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts