AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to spend 2000-2500 on either a good receiver or low-end seperates. I am currently using a Sony 4ES. I have been reading all of the threads here on this since it has been debated a lot. However, I would like to hear your opinions on the current crop of equipment. I am considering the following receivers, Sunfire Ultimate, B&K 305, 307, 505, 507, Rotel 1055, 1065, NAD 773 and the following seperates, Outlaw and Rotel. Are there any other seperates in this price range. I am willing to buy used. My sources are a Bravo D1 and a Cambridge D500SE. Speakers are Mirage Omnisats and a SVS Ulltra powered by a Samson S1000. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
The new Sherwood Newcastle P-965 ($1,500 MSRP) and its matching amp ($1,999 MSRP) are due out in February and you should be able to get the two together for about $3,000 total. Go to www.sherwoodusa.com to read about them. There is also a thread in this forum that gives some opinions.

And I just read about the new Harman/Kardon AVR7300 ($2,200 MSRP) that sounds very interesting - a true 110 watts X 7 plus the Faroudja DCDi video upsampler that converts all incoming video to 480P. Here is a link:

http://www.audioholics.com/ces/ces20..._day3h_HK.html

The link also includes info on their new digital-amp receivers - DPR2005 and DPR1005 that look interesting.

Not sure when any of the new H/K receivers are due out. You should also do a search of this forum to get comments on the units you list.

Dsmith

·
Registered
158 Posts
for pre's

new

adcom 860 or 880

rotel 1066 or 1068

sherwood

nad t163

outlaw 950 and clones

used

integra (might be hard to find)

fosgate fap-t1

amps (new or used)

rotel 1075

adcom (try jeffsoundvalues.com)

anthem (would probably have to get used)

Rich

·
Registered
158 Posts
another option would be to get something like the rotel 1056 use it for now and get an amp later...

also not sure on what a bk ref50 new and used go for...but they might be added to your list

Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.