AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting this thread to see if there is any interest in High Gain CRT Goo which was available from Goo last year but is now out of production.If there is enough interest Ken (KBK) will make another batch.I think that he said that he would have to get 10 confirmed orders to make it worthwhile.So I guess I am the first confirmed order.Please post if you are interested.

Andrew

·
Registered
345 Posts
How much is a can and how much will it help my wall (screen) painted with Behr Ultrapure white?

Wes

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got back from the Canuck shootout and after seeing how amazing the goo systems crt white looks I am dying to get my hands on some of this.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
You know I'm in - even though I already have a high Goo CRT screen. I always need some in reserve in case something happens to my screen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey WCP

It is a $100 US for 1 litre which should do a 8'X5' screen. I just got back from seeing the crt white product at the Canuck Shootout it looked amazing.

I just got a crt projector and I made a blackout cloth screen until I decided on a screen. I went to the event to get a first hand view of the different screens and quality. After seeing how well the Goo systems product looks there I was sold. After talking to Ken from Goo Systems and finding out I might be able to get my hands on the better High Gain Crt Goo, I am sold I want this stuff.

Here is a link to there site.
http://www.goosystems.com

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Yes, I'll confirm for 1Liter. I have been wishing I had bought this stuff long ago.

Marc

·
Registered
783 Posts
I am definitely in! Ken has my 1292, which he is doing a complete mod on and trying to solve the streaking issue. I already have the regular CRT white but haven't painted my screen yet since we won't b in our new house until the end of May. Yes! This is perfect timing! I am difinitely in for enough of the High Gain CRT GOO to make a 54X96 screen!

Mike

·
Registered
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Eman72
Hey WCP

It is a $100 US for 1 litre which should do a 8'X5' screen. I just got back from seeing the crt white product at the Canuck Shootout it looked amazing.

I just got a crt projector and I made a blackout cloth screen until I decided on a screen. I went to the event to get a first hand view of the different screens and quality. After seeing how well the Goo systems product looks there I was sold. After talking to Ken from Goo Systems and finding out I might be able to get my hands on the better High Gain Crt Goo, I am sold I want this stuff.
Eman72,

To confirm: you saw and were impressed with the regular (still available) CRT Goo or the High Gain CRT Goo? Which one was it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Robin

I saw the regular CRT White Goo. Which looked amazing compared to the high gain screen (I think dalite). The high gain screen was abit brighter but only if you were right beside the projector where as the goo looked awesome from a anywhere.

After reading threads on the high gain goo here and talking to Ken from Goo systems and EC from this thread I want the high gain stuff. It is suppose to be even better then crt white goo.

You should ask EC from this thread he was at the show and he has the high gain goo for a screen already.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm still curious if anyone has tried the high gain goo on a digital projector. Many have been raving about the dalite highpower with digital projectors which the only complaints seem to be that the dalite is retro-reflective which causes the gain to vary per viewing angle. The high gain goo might be a better alternative to this for digital projectors which should increase demand significantly. Has anyone tried it with a digital projector? Perhaps Ken and company could give us a review of the goo .5 and high gain goo. Could be an excellent combo.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
okay pencil me in for one quart...........

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jsan
One for me please.

Can this be apply using a roller?
Its gotta be sprayed.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I just spoke to Steve (Tri-art owner) about this exact thread. He does not want to make that product again! Too complex. I will work on him a bit more. We are also very busy right now. We are getting ready for Infocomm.

It is not aquestion or argument he wants to deal with right now.

I have question for you... has anyone who had/has the older High Gain CRT product actually compared it to the new CRT White product?

As for being rollable, No, absolutely not! This old High Gain CRT product is -way- too hot (optically hot, ie streaking, etc) to roll.

It is (but now -was-) definitely spray only.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok that ends that question...cancel my order I will deal with the existing CRT white .

Dont want to cause rifts in the company....

good luck Ken

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Well, if it doesn't happen, it just doesn't. I'll pick up some of the white goo off the website. Probably still wayyy better than what I have now.

Marc

·
Registered
783 Posts
Ken, (or anyone)

What is the difference between the regular CRT GOO topcoat and the now available CRT topcoat for spraying? I do plan to have it sprayed. My initial plan is to apply a matte varnish to a double primed canvas, so as to smoothe the surface out some and then apply the GOO products. Should I be using something other than the canvas for a better result? GatorBoard? 1/4 in melamine? Is smoother better?

Thanks! Sure would like to get my hands on some of the high gain!

Mike

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.