AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the talk about using a high gain screen for a digital projector has sparked my interests. I've read the reviews about many using the Dalite highpower with several of the current models of digital projectors, but I was wondering if anyone has tried Ken's high gain (crt) goo with a digital projector. I've searched and haven't seen any mention of this.

I understand this goo is currently out of production but if it's characteristics are equal or greater than the Dalite highpower then Ken might have a reason to fire up production again. My main concern are the effects of the highpower when the projector is ceiling mounted. I'm wondering if the high gain goo has a larger reflective angle that would provide a better environment for those who ceiling mount their projectors. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
it is not a retro-reflective material at all. What it was, is a very thick coating of diffuse material, when used on a screen. It ended up having terrific output and color saturation...which really pumped up the image fidelity. It had the strange characteristic of being in the 2 gain area or more..but with no real hot-spotting or color-shift when used with CRT projectors. Very freaky stuff. That one was specifically my little creation. I played my hand at formulation for two years to come up with that one. Oh well. Too bad it's gone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken, are you saying you lost the formula or are not planning on making more of it? This sounds like some good stuff to try using a digital projector compared to the dalite highpower. If there was enough demand for it, would you crank up production again (if possible)? With all the buzz about the HT1000 and dalite highpower, I would think there would be a great demand, especially for those who ceiling mount their projectors. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.