AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Daniel Hutnicki. My High Power screen is most excellent. Every complaint I've heard about this screen is a non-issue for me after seeing it in person set up with my X1 ceiling mounted. I bought it sight-unseen just based on what I've heard and couldn't be happier. I have the model B 100inch and I definitely am happy I paid the extra $15 to have the casing painted black. And if any of you are wondering about how it compares to other professional screens, don't worry. I looked at a lot of screens at my local home theatre store and this is easily up there with the best, if not the best. Unfortunately, they never carried the High Power --p robably because for some strange reason Da-Lite doesn't recommend it for home theatre which proves only that the bottom line on these things is not high enough for them (because it's also cheap! Bonus!).

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Yeah, every one of my local "hometheater stores," either chain or B&M, regard the front projection as the highest-end luxury system. So their main sell is the over-$10K Mustang HD2 DLP's paired with the over-$3K high-end electric or fixed screens. They could not care less about projectors below $5K, or any of OUR lowly manual pulldown screens, which are, in their view, for schools and churches! Of course, no place for the High Power there...

I believe that, thanks to the attitude of these stores, a whole lot of "ordinary" people are missing the truly affordable wonder of the front projection that we enjoy so much!

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
That you can throw a quality image on a quality screen for an entry point below $2,000 for 2x the size of most rear projection sets is definitely a poorly understood pheomenon.

Mark

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the interesting things I notice about this screen is that the image is always consistent throughout the viewing area. However when you move your body positions you do notice a difference in brightness due to the gain. This amazes me and makes it an excellent screen. In other words, if you are seated in a certain spot the image is the same brightness throughout the screen. Move spots and the image brightness changes, but it is still the same brightness throughout the screen. Great!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I bought my Hi-Power last year during the height of the "GRAY-IS-GOOD" fad. I too think the Hi-Power is right up there with the best things in life along with sliced-bread and those little chocolate Hersey's kisses. Seriously I did so much research on screens and I left no stone unturned viewing screens till they all started to look alike. The Hi-Power stands out from the rest but you need to have a longer narrow room to make it really shine (pun intended). I got the screen can painted black as well... nice touch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.