AVS Forum banner

High Quality Trailers

2239 Views 23 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  hdtv00
Hi

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get high quality movie trailers for new movies?

I know you can rip trailers off dvd's for already released movies.

Is there anywhere I can d/l higher quality than the quicktime ones?

I currently use the trailer feature in zoom player to play dts/dolby trailer, quicktime trailers and feature presentation.

Thanks

Tukkis
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
go to this forum and register... http://www.movie-list.com/forum/index.php

the "exclusive" part of the forums have HDTV trailers, usually captured from HDTV (.ts)
What exactly is the point of adding trailers to the beginning of your movies? I mean, do you have to manage the trailers by downloading new ones reguraly, or is there some sort of streaming function available in Zoomplayer/MCE etc. that shows one or two of the latest movie trailers?
The point is that it helps replicate part of "the movie theater experience." Some people like it, some don't. I personally show trivia, ads, and trailers before the movie, when I have guests over. When it is just me and the wife, then I skip that stuff and go straight to the movie.

I've gone to allot of trouble to add movie theater touches (popcorn machine, candy counter, marquee, posters, etc.) to my home cinema, and playing the trivia/trailers before hand is just another cool thing to do.

I am using a program called PreMovieManager, currently in beta. To control that part of "the show." I download/rip a bunch of trailers and then it plays them back randomly, until they have all played once, and then starts over again.

Check it out here. http://www.meedio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150952
I know there are HD trailers available for download from the Microsoft WMV site. But they look so good, showing a DVD afterwards might make the DVD look really bad.

Found the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...tshowcase.aspx
There's not exactly a lot of trailers to choose from on any of those sites.

I can see why some people like to show previews/trailers before the main movie, however I don't see any point in showing old trailers before the start of any movie. See, when I go to the movies one of the better parts of the experience is seeing all those new trailers for the latest movies. If I have to go out of my way to download, rip and setup a movie trailer that trailer is "old" within a couple of weeks. Wouldn't it be better to have some kind of tool (like PreMovie Manger I guess) that downloads movies on a regular basis without any kind of interaction from the user, then deletes after a certain period. That way, you will always see the latest trailers rather than watching ones for movies that are already out on DVD.

Again though, I see no point in any of this unless there a single site for downloading current HD quality trailers. All the links I've followed so far have nothing worth watching.
Try here: http://www.joblo.com/movietrailers.php

I have other movie-trailer sites bookmarked at home but I'm still at work. I'll post some more later.
 www.comingsoon.net

Not the BEST quality, but the selection is much better. Of course, most of them are QT.
Andrew has mentioned that playing quicktime files, is on the radar for playback in TheaterTek. So maybe someday we can play the quicktime trailers directly someday. But for now, I have played around with converting the Quicktime trailers (which are usually JUST as new as those played in theaters) into avi files. Those I can playback in Theatertek just fine. The high quality ones are pretty decent. Not DVD quality, but easily good enough to wow my friends. Then whent he DVD comes on, the quality really blows them out of the water!
Thanks for all the great replies!

Yeah I only play trailers etc. when I have guests over. It adds to the wow factor and movie experience. Plus it gives everyone time to get their food/drink and quiet down before the main feature.

If it's just me and the family then usually just go straight to the movie.

Thanks

Tukkis
Quote:
Originally posted by uk.steve
http://www.cinenow.com/us/vobtrailer.php3 has cool dolby/dts trailers too
I think they block US IP addresses now. For a long time I have been unable to download any of the files from that page. The link takes me back to a us.htm web page instead of downloading the file.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Pibb
I think they block US IP addresses now. For a long time I have been unable to download any of the files from that page. The link takes me back to a us.htm web page instead of downloading the file.
Son-of-a-gun, you're right. Damn French!!! :p
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Pibb
Nope,

I clicked on the link took me straight to the site and I just downloaded almost all of them. They're really nice :D

BTW i'm using Firefox to download them ;)
I would have to concur with omegatek. I just went to the site and am able to download the trailers. I'm using Mozilla Firefox as well.
I tried downloading them and just got the us.htm page too.
I think the key might be to use the Firefox browser. Go to www.getfirefox.com and download the lastest version (1.01, I believe).
I just got around to downloading these VOB trailers (My Movies only just started supporting full TheaterTek command line) and I notice that the quality of the VOB files are pretty bad (look more like badly compressed mpeg files).

Does anyone know where to get a really good looking version of the dolby/thx intros/demos?

Thanks.
Probably the quickest and highest quality method would honestly be to rip them yourself from DVD. Even a meagar DVD collection should have at least one DVD with a Dolby Digital intro, another one with a THX intro, and at least one DVD that's in DTS so you can grab a DTS trailer (personally I would go for the "flying disc" trailer...the piano one really isn't that impressive, IMHO).
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.