AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been impressed with the great value of the 32" Sanyo HDTV being sold by Walmart. My sitting distance from the TV, however, is such that a 36" TV would be a much better choice for our home. Unfortunately, all the 36" HDTVs I've been able to identify are about twice the cost of the Sanyo 32". Does anyone know of a 36" (4:3) HDTV being sold that is in the ballpark valuewise as the Sanyo?

Thanks,

wjr

· Premium Member
18,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wjr
I have been impressed with the great value of the 32" Sanyo HDTV being sold by Walmart. My sitting distance from the TV, however, is such that a 36" TV would be a much better choice for our home. Unfortunately, all the 36" HDTVs I've been able to identify are about twice the cost of the Sanyo 32". Does anyone know of a 36" (4:3) HDTV being sold that is in the ballpark valuewise as the Sanyo?
As far as i know the only remaining 36" HDTVs are the two made by Sony (36XS955 and 36HS420) and one by Panasonic (CT36HL44). I don't think anyone else is making them anymore.

The 32" Sanyo is an extraordinarily cheap HDTV sold only at one store that has cheaper prices than anyone else.

You can still find some Toshiba 36HF73 models at some places for about $1000 but this TV has been discontinued forever which is a pity because it was a pretty good set. I think Costco has this TV if they're not all gone by now.

· Registered
53 Posts
I think you'll be limited to refurbs for a 36" hdtv in the Sanyo 32" price range.

Try searching Froogle or any other pricing site for "36" HDTV" to get an idea of what's available.

I went with a 32" for that reason... going to a 36" was pretty much double the price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.