·
Registered
12,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*** October 2008 EDIT ***

The update is out! Details are here.

~~~~~

(original Jan' 08 post)

Voted the second best PSN title here at the forum by you good people, you'll be happy to know that besides two new characters that are nearly ready to be offered (for a fee), the developers are working on a FREE upgrade that allows online play!

That's not all, they will also tweak the game we have including allowing us to adjust the audio settings (so the music isn't so quiet for some of you) and turn off the character voices if we wish. There's a developer thread at the PS3 forums that is actively taking suggestions for improvement, so go there and post your thoughts on this fantastic title.

List of confirmed free additions so far:
  • 50th patch added (should have shipped with game for 7-10 split, no other patches in development)
  • Modified controller configuration (changed stop music button and possibly others)
  • New characters available within a few weeks - motion capture complete
  • Working on online features
  • Online-only leaderboard (tracks how you perform in online games)
  • Online HORSE game
  • Red overspin for D- and F ball being looked at for online play
  • Audio volume adjustments to be added
  • Character voices will be optionally muted

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I bought this but the controller is TERRIBLE for the game. You cannot hold it like you have to for more than 10 min without it being really uncomfortable. I wonder if Sony would get in any copyright trouble for coming out with a remote shaped controller like the Wii for sports games...

·
Registered
2,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/12972434
  • Modified controller configuration (changed stop music button and possibly others)

They all sound great..thanks.. but I am so glad that they are fixing this one.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/12972977

I bought this but the controller is TERRIBLE for the game. You cannot hold it like you have to for more than 10 min without it being really uncomfortable. I wonder if Sony would get in any copyright trouble for coming out with a remote shaped controller like the Wii for sports games...

That would be great. maybe they could have a stick controller with a plastic bowling ball attachment for it..LOL. Like the wii tennis racket attachment. I personally have no problems with holding the controller for extended periods of time..but I here you.

·
Registered
12,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no clamor anywhere for a new controller and there is no chance it will happen. I have yet to see anyone who plays this game complain about it on any PS3 forum. Frank you may want to look at third party PS3 controllers to see if there is a shape that you prefer. Otherwise, there may be nothing you can do unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Online play! Nice!

·
Registered
4,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/12972977

That's so strange. I feel exactly the opposite. I find it extremely comfortable to hold it on end as you do for this game. It fits my hand perfectly. I actually go on and on about this fact to people I tell about HVB, lol.

My friends seem to have no problem with it either?

Guess it's to each their own

That's exciting to hear about a new update, especially including online play. I can't wait!

·
Registered
738 Posts
those guys actually listened to use consumers. wish every company was like that. WE gonna enjoy this game even better now. Thanks to you Developers. now Blish(sp?) is gonna kick our butts one by one

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage /forum/post/12973366

That's so strange. I feel exactly the opposite. I find it extremely comfortable to hold it on end as you do for this game. It fits my hand perfectly. I actually go on and on about this fact to people I tell about HVB, lol.

That's exciting to hear about a new update, especially including online play. I can't wait!

I agree....no problems holding the controller here either.

·
Registered
12,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One thing I like about the PS3 controller's irregular shape in this game is that it really doesn't slip out of the hand at all. The Wii needs a strap since it is a smooth rectangular shape, but holding the Sony controller with its odd curves keeps it in your hand naturally:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I still can't figure out how I can bowl against someone else in my house on my other controller, or someone else in general. Is it even possible?

·
Registered
4,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders16 /forum/post/12975512

I still can't figure out how I can bowl against someone else in my house on my other controller, or someone else in general. Is it even possible?

I think you press square to add people, IIRC. It says how to at the bottom when you are selecting bowler, etc.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders16 /forum/post/12975512

Try this..

Originally Posted by tingham

make sure both controllers are synchronized with the ps3. Add a player using the square button with one of the controllers..change the character and hit square again...two players will then be assigned to that controller. Then do the same thing with the 2nd controller, and two players will be assigned to that controller. I don't think you actually have to change characters..but I do, so players know what character bowler they are using.

·
Registered
256 Posts
this is great news on mp!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I like the game. I don't find the controller uncomfortable at all, my wife isn't coordinated enough to use spin so she doesn't try. Good to hear about the music volume control and being able to mute the characters (they are annoying the first time they talk and become extremely annoying after that). I usually get around this by hitting the x-button before they open their cake hole. Another thing I would like to see is being able to just play some trick games with other users online or in house, so far we can only just straight up bowl.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/12973244

There is no clamor anywhere for a new controller and there is no chance it will happen. I have yet to see anyone who plays this game complain about it on any PS3 forum. Frank you may want to look at third party PS3 controllers to see if there is a shape that you prefer. Otherwise, there may be nothing you can do unfortunately.

Frank may want to look into selling his PS3, seriously he finds reasons to troll that don't exist elsewhere. The controller works great and I have yet to see anyone complain about it in HVB.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The characters voices are annoying - glad they are looking at being able to mute them. I also find not being able to change their names a pain - would be nice if you could just enter the real players names. That's a minor quibble though.

Adding online play is a big plus however as we have family out of state that we could now have a regular bowling night with if this comes to fruition - very nice update if so...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage /forum/post/12973366

+2

1 - 20 of 169 Posts