AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy the 40XBR800, but I need a stand that can elevate the TV 30 inches off of the floor.

Does anyone know which manufacturers makes stands that could hold a 40" set AND be able to elevate the TV 30 or so inches off the floor ?

The Sony stand only rises 18" and though I could put a platform beneath it, it would have to be a 12" platform and I am not sure that I would want to go that route.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Two suggestions: First, take a look at the Lovan AVR, which I believe is 30" tall and about 44" wide. Visit the Lovan website for its weight capacity. My second suggestion is the Salamander Designs Twin 30, which is about the same height and width. Its top shelf is rated at 300lbs, so weight won't be an issue. The only dimension that might not work for you is depth. The Twin 30 is only 20" deep, so if the base contact points of the 40XBR are greater, the rack might not work. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't know if you're interested in such stuff but I built my own. It turned out pretty well. I wanted to be able to put a LARGE center channel speaker under the TV so I built a walnut cabinet with "bookshelves" on each end for DVD etc storage. If you're not into woodworking, it might be a good project for someone you know.

If you're interested, I'd be happy to send pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.