Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bug Fixes since 3.0 RC1:

- If 'Enable OSD' is NOT checked (OSD disabled), screen often appears black.

- When pressing the power hotkey while in full-screen, HiPix app exits without switching back to PC monitor.

http://www.midwinter.com/hipix/Hipix_3.0_Final.zip

PS: The team realizes there are still a few outstanding issues. We have decided to address low priority issues further down the road so we can introduce some anticipated new features in the near future.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS: We haven't updated the Midwinter/hipix URL to show that we have released the 3.0 Final. Soon, this download will be the official download on the Telemann.com website.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Michael,

Thank you very much for all the work you and the HiPix team have done. It is far more than I ever expected to see. Great work!

Chris

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Wow, posted over an hour ago, and I am the second non-mkanet poster? Cool! ;) Keep up the good work, and thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
WOW. Thanks team!!

I've been enjoying the fruits of your efforts for a while now and want to thank you very much.

-Mike-

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mkanet
- If 'Enable OSD' is NOT checked (OSD disabled), screen often appears black.
Thanks for the update. It fixes most of the problem but there is still one very minor issue with it on my system. If I am watching a file playback and hit the ALT A hotkey to switch to the ATSC tuner, there is no video until I change channels. This now happens even if OSD is enabled.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Thank you, Michael and the whole AVS HiPix team! Time to 'go play' with it...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Can't wait to try it!

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Wow. Now that I've hooked up the proper connections... it works very nicely... so far. Still, have not played a DVD or a rrecorded HDTV progam through it... more to come.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I still have not been able to figure out how to change the option posted below. Has anyone done it?

• New configuration option for adjusting the read buffer size for file playback. The registry value is Hipix\\BoardInfo\\MaxReadSize

• In previous Versions, this was 63920 bytes per read, which is not the most efficient size. 127840 is a more efficient size. The value is a multiple of the 188 byte packet size. The code will intelligently round the number to the nearest multiple of 188.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Quick keyboard reference for HiPix.

Here's a zipped Word file that contains keyboard shortcut commands. It prints on one page.

If you have any corrections or additions, please let me know and I'll add them.

Rick

hipix default keyboard shortcut reference a.zip 5.060546875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rename Utility

Did I read somewhere that there was a way to rename the files that were recorded with the old version to the new name standard.

-Randy

·
Registered
33 Posts
Editing out commercials

Where do I find out about the new Edit button and the buttons over to the right of the interface. Claims to have something to do with removing commercials, but I don't know what. Is there a good way to remove commercials? I always hate to leave almost a full minute of commercials.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just installed the Final release over the RC1 and I still have the same problem. When I go to the HiPix Scheduler icon in the bar next to the clock and choose Open HiPix DTV-200 I get a window "HiPix Meerkat" /!\\ Unable to Open/Refresh HiPix Application (Automation error)

Any ideas?

-Randy

·
Registered
702 Posts
The edit button opens up a text window that allows you to record the in and out points for use with balazer's atrim utility. Basically every time you hit the in button, it marks the point to chop the file and puts in commands that will delete all the files between the last out and the current in. So when you are done editing (need to go linearly from beginning to end) you can copy and paste the text commands in the edit window in to notepad, save it as a .bat or .cmd file which you can then run (it will call atrim and del for you) Note you made need to edit the text to put quotes around file names or to tell it where to look for atrim if it's not in your path.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I keep getting "Cannot display page" when I try to access the HiPix files on the midwinter site. I cannot even get the home midwinter site. Are others having difficulting downloading the files? Is there a mirror site for the files?

- Phil Klein

·
Registered
33 Posts
You are correct, Midwinter is down, it's probably just a PC on someone's desk somewhere, I wouldn't stress, when they come back in from Sunday at play they will notice it's crashed and reboot it.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Quote:
Just installed the Final release over the RC1 and I still have the same problem. When I go to the HiPix Scheduler icon in the bar next to the clock and choose Open HiPix DTV-200 I get a window "HiPix Meerkat" /!\\ Unable to Open/Refresh HiPix Application (Automation error)
I've also been getting that for a month or so now but it doesn't seem to interfere with the ability of the scheduler to do a timed recording. Just use the Start Menu or drag a shortcut of the Hipix to the desktop for when you want to start Hipix.

- Tom

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.