5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can download the package (app/drivers) from here:
http://www.midwinter.com/hipix/HiPix...Final%20RC.zip

For detailed instructions, please visit: http://www.midwinter.com/hipix

New Features:

• Improved GUI

• Device Driver Enhancements

• The driver opens file’s to allow intelligent file sharing access. This enables immediate playback of files being restored from tape, for instance.

• New configuration option for adjusting the read buffer size for file playback. The registry value is Hipix\\BoardInfo\\MaxReadSize

• In previous Versions, this was 63920 bytes per read, which is not the most efficient size. 127840 is a more efficient size. The value is a multiple of the 188 byte packet size. The code will intelligently round the number to the nearest multiple of 188.

Bugfixes:

• Device Driver changes to fix bug during streaming tape restore which caused application to stop after a few files were played back

• Scheduled recording in Full Screen mode with Auto Terminate set left the application in Full Screen Mode. Hipix will now ignore Auto Terminate.

• Instant record (press the hotkey), followed by cancel (pressing "spacebar") too fast would cause the Hipix app to close with an error.

• Daylight Savings Time handling is now done in the Hipix application.

• Incorrect small OSD fonts when using Custom Resolutions.

• Long filenames made the "FILE: " banner show blank in the OSD.

• When playing back using new filename format, filename on HiPix control panel shows as old format

• OSD was getting scrambled in Win98 due to resource leak

• Time slider did not work properly with dynamic file loading when using new filename format

Enjoy...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ricka
Cool. (I just wanted the first reply post!).

--Rick
Not fair:) I had to do all the work updating the website and the documentation.

Joe

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mkanet

The driver opens file’s to allow intelligent file sharing access. This enables immediate playback of files being restored from tape, for instance.

Bugfixes:

Device Driver changes to fix bug during streaming tape restore which caused application to stop after a few files were played back

For DAT drive users (like me), please NOTE the above.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Thanks team!!! Your efforts are really appreciated. Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks......

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. After this upgrade, the abc.bmp logo now has a pink background in the OSD dislay. (Also the fox.bmp logo has 2 shades of blue...1 above the word "Fox" and the other below, but I do not now if this is a new problem or not)

2. Adding stations...when I add Boston channel 42 aka 7, sometimes it does not find both sub-channels. Other times it finds 2 sub-channels, but assigns both channels to the same sub-channel feed...this is very inconsistent. Also, sometimes it re-assigns to 7, other times it does not. I have also seen this problem with the other dual feed channel (19/2)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My cable system runs in HRC mode. I have selected HRC on the Input tab of Setup.

When I switch from ATSC to NTSC, the tuner always mis-tunes (no picture, static from speakers) and the user must change the channel before the HRC tuning kicks in.

I have gotten used to hitting Up and then Down, but it is kind of annoying.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
This version is not working for me. I've run the registry cleaner, deleted all the files and re-installed from scratch, but I keep getting:

The program starts, the interface comes up, gets to "initializing" and then closes.

Running Windows XP, and have used the two prior betas with no problem.

What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Love it!!

Is there any way to edit the record list once it is set? Say there is a two hour special on your weekly program, can you change the record time to a longer or shorter period? Or change the date once set?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Williams

The program starts, the interface comes up, gets to "initializing" and then closes.

Running Windows XP, and have used the two prior betas with no problem.

What am I doing wrong?
Chris,

I am running XP also.

The initializing message is displayed when the Hipix is building the Filter Graph.

Hipix calls a routine in mqtvcom.dll who then makes call to a routine in the driver.

I have seen this happen during testing when I was playing around with an oddball audio application that was running at the same time.

An mqtvcom call ended up in the driver who quietly terminated the Hipix.

I would like to make sure you are really using the up todate stuff.

Can you do a search on your system for mqtvcom.dll and hipixdtv.sys

Then do a properties on each.

mqtvcom.dll should only be in \\Program Files\\HiPix DTV-200 with a size of 176 KB (180,224 bytes) and a date of Saturday, May 18, 2002, 5:03:24 PM

hipixdtv.sys will show up a couple of places but the one you care about is in \\WINDOWS\\system32\\drivers

It should have a size of 806 KB (825,998 bytes) and a date of Saturday, May 18, 2002, 5:55:26 PM and have a version of 3.0.3.0

Joe

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Since the 2nd beta, the HiPix software refuses to use channel 1.1-1.x. It knows that they exist, but will only allow channels 2-X.

Now, when I remap the 1.x channels it will also not show 1.1 or 1.2 on the remapped numbers, but will show 1.3.

Can you please fix this.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Q

mqtvcom.dll should only be in \\Program Files\\HiPix DTV-200 with a size of 176 KB (180,224 bytes) and a date of Saturday, May 18, 2002, 5:03:24 PM
Have exactly that.
Quote:

hipixdtv.sys will show up a couple of places but the one you care about is in \\WINDOWS\\system32\\drivers

It should have a size of 806 KB (825,998 bytes) and a date of Saturday, May 18, 2002, 5:55:26 PM and have a version of 3.0.3.0
Have that as well. Still no luck.

I have DirectX SDK version 8.1 installed. My sound card is a Philips Acoustic Edge running beta drivers. My video card is a Radeon VE. I don't recall changing anything since beta 2 was running. I've tried to keep this system fairly straightforward: only one DVD player, PowerDVD XP; dScaler and a I/O Magic input card; PowerStrip; WinAmp; Zoom Player and DiVX 5.

As I have the DirectX SDK installed (for playing with my Panasonic HD1000 DVHS deck) I can manually build some graphs to test, if needed.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thank you very much Mike and the Hipix development team. I installed the new application last night in Win98SE without problems.

One issue that I've been looking at is the way that the Hipix displays the Dish 5000 modulator signal. The OSD (thanks again Hipix team) shows that this signal is 1088i as opposed to 1080i. I've noticed that the Hipix display at 1440x1080i (using the modulator) shows a beige line at the bottom of the screen and appears to drop scan lines in the frame. 1920x1080i display does not seem to be affected by this, but last night I saw artifacts at the top of the screen when I switched the resolution directly to 1920x1080i from 1440x1080i.

I think it was classified before as a driver issue. Is this issue on anyone's radar screen?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sorry for a little sidebar here but I can't find a list of the keyboard shortcuts I thought I saw awhile ago.

Could someone please post a list of default shortcuts or point me to where I can download it?

Thanks.

Rick

·
Registered
60 Posts
Look forward to trying the new release. Quick question: does this release have the driver fix for AC3 audio? I understand the HiPix driver was being modified to work with the AC3 broadcasts by ABC in the Seattle area. I've asked several times on other threads but nobody has responded. I can try it tonight, but it would be nice to know if people "think" it is fixed. Thanks.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mike, yes it has the fix in the driver. Im not too sure if the app/dll was updated to take advantage of that.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.