AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the HiPix running high def on a DILA?

Thanks,

Steve

G15(Cliff tweaked, no mods yet)

HTPC (Elsa Gladiac Geforce 2)

-PIII 800

-256mb ram

Denon 3801

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Steve,

Yes, I used a Hipix for Hi Def for a while on a D-ILA. Here is the original post with the initial connections and initial reactions. It was my first hi def experience.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Milori,

Thanks for the response. Sounds like you aren't using the HiPix anymore... was something better, something you didn't find acceptable?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Steve,

I like the PVR abilities of the AccessDTV card, and swapped out the HiPix for it. Plus, I was very much of an early adopter on the HiPix (pre-ordered before release) and I had a bad stuttering issue that I couldn't resolve.

I understand that the technical hurdles have come down, so it's probably great today!

Have you seen Hi def on the D-ILA yet?

·
Registered
574 Posts
You will love HD signals feeding your D-ILA - I don't think I've seen better HDTV, it is a beautiful sight. Please post when you get up and running.

Brian

------------------

Our Home Theater - http://www.fatbulldog.com

Last updated 6/1/01

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brian,

I'll post as soon as it's installed, sooner if I have trouble http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Your theater width is identical to mine, was the 106" screen as wide as you figured you could go for the room width? I'm trying to determine if I can push it a bit. (looks like you went with the Stewart Greyhawk)oops, checked your site and see it's a Da-Lite, have you been happy with the selection and size?

Thanks,

Steve

[This message has been edited by slw4223 (edited 09-03-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.