AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just built a temporary HTPC with a hipix card and a 750PIII with 256meg ram. I am using a standard ati video card for now and also am running beta 2.2 on win2k. I built the machine at work using a standard pc monitor during the process and all was working perfectly. I was able to watch tv and record Hidef and it looked great. Well, I just brought it home and set it up to my 10ht and cant seem to get the pc to show on the screen. I am using the loopback cable and a vga to 5 bnc connector cord to go to the 10ht. I am rcording using Y Pb Pr. I can watch a show that was recorded in hidef and it is stunning, but when i hit the mouse to go back to the pc screen, I get an out of range message from the projector. What settings should I be using to get this to work. I feel as though I am so close, yet so far. HELP please

Stu

------------------

There is enough sadness in the world. Make someone smile today!

·
Registered
497 Posts
What resolution you have your PC's Video Card running at ?

I don't know nothing about yout Sony TV, but it can only handle a resolution below of your PC's output. BTW: What is a 10ht ? Can you receive a PC picture on your TV if you connect the cable directly to your Video Card ?

------------------

***Stop DFAST, HDCP and Boycott JVC*** HTPC1: P-III 800Mhz EB, 256MB PC133 SDRAM, ASUS CUSL2 Mobo,Telemann HiPix HDTV PCI card, Geforce 2 GTS 32MB DDR, Creative DVD-RAM, Creative Soundblaster Platinum 5.1 Dolby Digital, IBM 45GB 7200rpm HD, SuperMicro 750 FullTower with 6 fans, Cable Modem, Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2040u (22")

[This message has been edited by Desertfox (edited 05-18-2001).]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running my pc at 1024X768. The 10ht is the sony HD projector. I havent tried the projector directly from the PC, though it does have a computer mode. I will try that in the AM

------------------

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Stuigi,

Are you able to boot to a PC desktop, but unable to get back after viewing HDTV? Or are you saying that you can't get the PC desktop on the 10HT at all?

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am able to boot to a desktop with the projector set to computer mode. When I watch something on the hipix in hidef mode, I have to switch the projector to rgb mode. On the Sony 10ht, this is a pain in ***. I am trying to find a way to leave the projector in rgb mode and still be able to see the pc desktop when I esc out of a hi def picture. Right now, when I escape out of hidef mode, I have to again switch the projector to computer mode or else I just get a blank screen.

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.