AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed the latest HiPix app and driver. I have 1 problem that I haven't found any info for. When I attempt to play back newly recorded programs, it hangs after a few seconds. When I play back old (pre beta) everything works fine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I also have a "hangs" problem but it is a little different. Whenever I play back a previously recorded show, it will lockup the computer with repeating audio and frozen picture approx. 1 hour into the show. Most of the shows I have recorded recently I have paused out the ads as it was recording, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. I am using the beta 2 version.

(edit) Forgot to mention my system. 98se, PII 800, 128MB ram, Aureal Vortex sound card, Western Digital 120GB & 40GB.

Ben

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ben,

I my case, I didn't remove anything. And, all my pre-beta 2 recording play back with no problems. Newly recorded programs start and then stop after about 2-3 seconds.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Erickson
Ben,

I my case, I didn't remove anything. And, all my pre-beta 2 recording play back with no problems. Newly recorded programs start and then stop after about 2-3 seconds.
Ken,

Are you saying that Beta 1 does not exhibit this problem but ONLY Beta 2?

Joe

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Ken,

My config is similiar to yours. I have an ASUS P4B266. I had similiar problems with the built in audio (CMedia 5.1 chip). Once I went back to the Live! 5.1 all of my problems were gone. I'll check with the other developers to see if anyone has seen this.

--Rick

·
Registered
254 Posts
When I upgraded to beta 2 it was using the new front end, but the driver was the old version and would not upgrade. I didn't realize the old driver was still active, and I converted all the recordings to the new file format. The new format files would play the first minute then keep repeating. So, I uninstalled Hipix, used the hipix cleaner utility, then installed it from scratch. Now it will play the new format files and old ones, until about an hour into it when it locks up which is back to the other problem.

Ken, did you doublecheck that the driver actually updated? I thought mine had updated since I was seeing the new UI, but it was still using the old driver.

Ben

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ben,

Yes, I did verify that the new driver was loaded. Had some problems getting the new driver installed. I haven't coverted to the new file format.

Joe Q,

Yes, I did not see this problem with beta 1. However, I did upgrade the SB driver after I installed beta 2. I'm planning to back that out and see if there is difference.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
FWIW,

I am using the Beta 2 applications (Hipix,Meerkat,scheduletvpi) with the Beta 1 driver.

There is a problem with streaming Dat drive restore (I need that) with the Beta 2 driver which is being worked by the driver guy on our team.

The Beta 2 driver works fine for normal use but I don't want tapes with the new filename format since the Beta 1 driver can not handle it and due to Dat drive streaming problem I mentioned.

As Ben pointed out, the Hipix will happily play a file that is in the correct format - it just won't go on to the NEXT one unless it has a supported filename format.

Beta 1 driver - xxx.ts.0000,xxx.ts.0001,etc. ONLY

Beta 2 driver - xxx.ts.0000,xxx.ts.0001,etc. OR xxx.0000.ts,xxx.0001.ts,etc.

Ken - please be sure to report back if messing with your sound card driver fixes your problem with the Beta 2 driver.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joe Q,

I played around with the HiPix and beta 2 last night. I usually record to another box over a 10/100 lan. Last night I changed it to record to the local hd. Did a short 5 minute recording of PBS. Then played it back with no problems. The I copied a few .ts files from last saturday's Kentucky Derby to the local hd. When I attempt to play the first file it starts ok but soon the audio stops and the video kinda freezes. The video breaks up into (at first) small artifacts and then nothing. I can stop the playback and switch to another good recording and play it back with no problems. So it would appear that all the new recordings that I've made in the past few weeks have turned to mush. Also, I noticed that these new recording are in the form of xxx.0000.ts. More testing to do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.