AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this card is a hardware solution to HDTV on the PC, how come CPU usage is sooooooo high when using this card. Its so bad other programs lockup when HiPix is running. Any new software release in the works for the HiPix. Anyone else noticed this. I have tried using decode audio on/off to no avail.

·
Registered
227 Posts
no problems here and I've got a Pentium 2. Win 2000 pro and 64MB RAM. latest non-beta drivers from telemann

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Vasim:

___If I remember correctly while beta testing the HiPix, the CPU utilization numbers were so good as to lead me to the conclusion that you only needed an ~ 200 MHz PII to run this card. I was seeing somewhere in the neighbor hood of 20% CPU utilization at peak on a 700E at 933 MHz. I wish I still had the card installed and I could give you a more exact number but I know it was low. What program are you using to measure your CPU utilization anyway? If it is MS’s system monitor, you can have very misleading numbers in that CPU idle is shown as well. Under WinTop, which is only a bit better, at least you can see all the threads exposed as well as what the individual thread/process is using in CPU %.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

·
Registered
51 Posts
My HiPix is in a AMD K6-2/400Mhz system right now.

That seems to be enough CPU to run it.

If your system is using a bunch of CPU perhaps you have the "decode audio" checkbox set in the config menu and your audio is being decoded and sent to a seperate audio card on your PC?

(I used use the coax digital out from the HiPix to an outboard DD5.1 or ProLogic decoder.)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the confusion. I really dont think its the hipix but when use MMC's video in I get really bad breakup of the picture. I am going to upgrade to a 1.2Ghz chip soon. wayne, I will try winTOP as well. I am really looking forward to new HiPix software.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.