AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard about that article and went this past weekend to buy the issue. I guess the June issue is already out, and I couldn't get it.

Any chance of scanning that article?

Robert

·
Registered
858 Posts
Robert,

It is a copyrighted article so I can't scan and post it. It does accurately describe in the 2 page segment key operating features and functionality. But you will probably learn more about HiPix (as well as the other HDTV PC cards) by simply following the threads on AVS Forum Computers section.

What I find a little ironic is that "print is dated" in that one of Brian Fenton's statements near the end of the piece says "Unfortunately, there are no traditional fast-forward or reverse controls". Here is an article that hasn't even hit the streets yet - - and the information is already obsolete (Version 2.3 does support these features). So your best bet for real time information is at this site.

Ray Newstead

·
Registered
858 Posts
The HiPix DTV-200 received a nice review by editor Brian Fenton in the June issue. I post this not as a "commercial" but as a data point that PC add-in cards like the HiPix, Hauppauge and AccessDTV are reaching the mainstream A/V press back to back in SGHT and now S&V, and that is goodness for HTPC products. Enjoy........

Ray Newstead

[This message has been edited by rnewste (edited 05-22-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.