Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What settings are you guys using?

My problem is that I've gone through the configuration and am displaying a split-image picture. (picture a 4:3 screen, the top 2/3 is a complete 16x9 image, the bottom third has two partial images, the one on the left taking up 2/3 of the bottom)

-HiPix setting 1280x720p

-VGA to BNC bettercables connection between HiPix and G15

-Computer 2 to SXGA 3

-Intel PIII 800 / 256mb ram / 30mb IBM Deskstar / Elsa Gladiac Geforce 2 GTS

-I have achieved the same results by using the VGA pass-through as well as going the route of two displays (monitor to Geforce on one cable and separate cable from HiPix to G15)

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Steve,

Have you tried Auto instead of SXGA3?

SXGA3 was not intended for 1280 x 720 so you might try that first.

Chris

·
Registered
574 Posts
As Chris just mentioned, first start with the tried and true settings for the D-ILA.

Start with Computer2 HDTV2 input (NOT SXGA3), and set the HiPix to 1920x1080i setting in HDTV Setup tab, Normal destination, and RGB given that you are using the better cables VGA cable.

Keep the projector set up on on the Bettercables VGA to 5BNC using the Computer2 HDTV2 input. Connect your GTS card to your PC monitor.

The VGA tab doesn't matter what it is set to, you aren't using the loopback cable. So, given this, the General tab in Hipix should be:

no check on Show VGA Window Through VIP Port

no check on Use Loopback Cable

check on Decode audio

check on Show Tooltips

check on Show Signal strength

check on Use Remote controller, though the keyboard works fine.

Under the Program menu, click Clear on the left, then Autoprogram with the D-ILA set to the Computer2 HDTV2 input. The screen should go black while the scanning takes place.

Be sure to check that the White BNC line at the D-ILA is going to V, and the Yellow is going to H/Cs.

You should get a picture. Remember to also set the D-ILA for the this input to 4:3 and scale image to fit screen. This will cause the image to fit the screen left to right, but fall of the bottom. From here what most D-ILA users do is use dilard to fix this input to use only the top 768 pixels and reposition the 1080i image perfectly on their 16x9 screen - mine works great.

I would be glad to send you my dilard file for my HDTV2 input, though explaining each setting later might be more useful.

Brian

------------------

Our Home Theater - http://www.fatbulldog.com

Last updated 6/1/01

·
Registered
111 Posts
Related question:

Bought a Hi-Pix and was wondering if the card does not come with a manual as mine did not. Seems crazy for a fairly high tech card not to so I just wonder if I was the only one not getting a manual with mine?

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
AudioFileZ,

The HiPix "manual" is a .PDF file on the CD-ROM, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Brian,

How/Do you have your sound card connected to the HiPix? I get audio stuttering when I change a channel or also after about 30 minutes of playing a broadcast.

I have the M Audio 24/96 card with S/DIF connected to my receiver from the 24/96 card.

I don't have any audio cables connected to the HiPix.

Thanks,

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.