AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the hipix support thread, but it got lost so hopefully this is OK...

Installed my 3rd HiPix this past weekend and am running into audio problems - no analog. I've tried taking an output from the stereo output on the expansion card as well as connecting from the hipix to the Aux on a SB 5.1 (this is a $800 htpc). Nothing either way. I've played around with the settings in the config (PCM, Directsound, etc) with no luck.

I know the SB works since I can succesfully play wav's and I get audio from Theatretek through it. I know the 1/8" cable works since it works with the SB. I yanked the hipix and reseated all 3 jumper cables. I've run volume up and down and muted/unmuted. Still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aslan.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hadn't originally planned to run analog rf (cable) into the HiPix, but ran one to test. Audio does work with NTSC (both through the SB and directly off the HiPix expansion card), but not ATSC. Is the card designed such that the only Audio output for ATSC is AC3? (I wasn't really planning on buying a new receiver...)

There is also a tuning/reception issue with input 2 - it does OK picking up OTA analog stations from an antennea and if set to antennea gets 3-13 very clear from cable, but cable reception is extremely poor with any of the 3 cable settings (STD, HRC, IRC). Still testing this one...

??

Thanks,

Aslan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.