Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the following config:

1. Radeon 7500 dual head

2. Windows XP

3. HIPIX

4. TheaterTek

I have a CRT projector attached to the primary display for DVD playpack. An LCD monitor is attached to the second display port of the Radeon. Both are running at different resolutions.

The LCD monitor is to be used for control purposes. The HIPIX control panel and other apps would be isolated to the second display. However, under XP, I am having the following issues:

1. I can't get the windows task bar to appear on the second display?

2. The HIPIX app does not show up in the individual application setting windows when running. IE and some other apps do show up when running? How do I get the HIPIX app to start on the second display?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been running a dual-monitor setup for a while now (used to be two "virtual" monitors via one real monitor with an input switch, now it's two physical monitors), so I can tell you what works for me:

1. Right click on an empty portion of the taskbar, uncheck "Lock the Taskbar", and drag it over to the other monitor. Then lock it again.

2. Your LCD must be set as the primary monitor for the HiPix app (and most other apps) to start on it by default. This used to be incredibly annoying when I didn't have two physical monitors... lots of switching back and forth, and Alt-Space M ArrowKey MoveMouse (which only works for windows that have a system menu).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.