AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I am in full screen mode, I click the left mouse button and press ESC on the keyboard, and nothing. Sometimes HiPix has gotten stuck in full screen mode.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know of a work-around?

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Sean-

I see this problem often as well. I think it is due to the HiPix application 'losing window focus' on the Windows desktop. The fixes I have used include hitting the 'f' key on the keyboard (which toggles full-screen mode), or hitting 'alt-tab' on the keyboard followed by the usual methods of leaving full-screen mode.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
The same thing could sometimes happen with accessDTV. My solution was to set up Girder commands. The advantage of this is that Girder can send the keystroke to a specific window, regardless of which window has the input focus. That means you never have the problem where something else snags focus and you have to 'drive blind' trying to get the HiPix or ADTV to switch to window mode. You can find out more about girder at http://www.girder.nl

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm. Very good point. I have noticed that after I do a "ALT-TAB" and then left click again it seems to fix it. I think I'll try using the ESC from now on to start with instead of the left click and see if that takes care of the problem.

Thanks.

Sean Dudley

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
IMHO, this is a HiPix user interface design error. Why shouldn't a mouse click automatically switch back to desktop? Perhaps its losing focus when it shouldn't. IIRC, DVD players always switch out of full screen mode with a mouse click, right? Anyway, I usually only have a mouse at hand and not a keyboard. This should be a feature request.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Yes, the problem is that the HiPix window is no longer the selected window sometimes when you try to click or hit F. When this happens you can plug your monitor into your video card to see what happened.

Fixes: hit alt-tab then F, failing that, alt-tab alt-tab then F, and so on. Or use the remote. The remote always works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.