AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this happen a few times to me now. There were some times when I would record something that was multiple shows or episodes, and I'd try to name the recording's appropriately. But when I tried to play the Transport streams that my HiPix recorded (using the avs edition of the software), the program gives me a Run-time error. It plays the audio just fine, and in fact continues to play the audio until I click ok. But the video didn't display. The exact error message was:

Run-time error '5':

Invalid procedure call or argument

It was quite frustrating because other applications like HDTVtoMPEG2 and AVISynth were able to process the files, but I couldn't just watch them. After a bit of testing and poking around, I took a loot at what was different between the ones I could play and the ones I could not. It turns out the problem was a simple character, the comma.

Files that had a comma in the name or were in a directory whose name had a comma would not play. If I simply renamed them to not use a comma anymore, they played fine. It seems the software sees the comma as an argument separator or something.

I figured I'd make a post since after all my searching I found nothing about it. Just remember not to name your recordings with any commas.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
Thanks! And another hint - DVHStool doesn't like HiPix files in the old filename.ts.### format. If you try to use DVHStool to preview or send them to DVHS tape, make sure to rename them to filename.####.ts first!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.