AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been reported before, but the problem continues, and I havn't heard much about it from the developers.

This morning I decided to look in the registry to check the weekly events for the hipix card (I have been burned several times by weekly events not being recorded). There were 4 of the 8 events I have set up where the record events were mis scheduled so that they would record the next week rather than this week.

I found that I could see mis scheduled events using the schedule listing by changing the type of event from "weekly" to "once" then clicking on another event. I fixed the four broken events by changing the record date to the correct date and switching back to weekly (I'll look to see if they record properly this week).

This week skipping seems to occure more often near the end or beginning of the month, but so far I have not been able to correlate the behavior with anything else that has happened. I have seen cases where I have two back to back events on the same day where one is skipped and the other is not.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
For the record, same problem here. I've pretty much gone back to one time only timers for the time being because of the weekly problems.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just missed ER last night because of this issue. :( It has been working previously for me. I hope I don't have to re-setup all of my recordings everytime I do an autoscan.

Dan.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I gave up on weekly timers for a show that I record tuesday thru saturday (hint hint, please add this as an option :) ) and now I click on record daily and on sun/mon, I go in and check the skip box so it does not record on those days, the rest of my events, I schedule on that day to prevent a missed event, weekly just is not that reliable.

Jim

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Are you guys sure you're running the absolute latest version? This sounds familiar, I'm pretty sure there was a bug with repeating timers that we released a fix for shortly after the major 3.5 release. I've been using weekly timers for the last few months without any missed recordings since we tracked that problem down.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Looking back through me email archives and the release notes, it looks like there was a problem in 3.5.1 with repeating timers getting double-incremented, which would cause them to skip a week. This was fixed in 3.5.2, are you guys sure you're running 3.5.2?

·
Registered
294 Posts
John,

I was on 3.5.1. I just upgraded to 3.5.2. I'm guessing I should probably re-setup my weekly recordings.

Thanks for the response.

Dan.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Quote:
I'm guessing I should probably re-setup my weekly recordings.
Yeah, you'll need to recreate them. Also in case you didn't see it on the download page, there's a patched MQTVCOM.DLL available for download as an update to 3.5.2 that fixed a few minor bugs.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
The version reported that I am running of hipix is 3.5.0.2 and version 3.5.0.3 of the MQTVCOM.DLL. All of my weekly recordings (manually set) were deleted and reset after installing this latest version. They worked for a while (maybe 2 or 3 weeks) and then started failing again one by one (or so it seemed).

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, last night I checked versions. (Feature request: report the versions of all the components in the application abort box.)

I believe I installed from the 3.5.2 installer file that is on that computer, but these are the versions of what is installed.

Driver: 3.0.4.0 (from the device manager

Application: 3.5 (from the about box)

3.5.0.5 (from file properties) date: 10/18/2002

mqtvcom: 3.5.0.3 (from file properties) date: 10/24/2002

Do I have anything out of date?

BTW I checked the schedule with regedit and found that Firefly was mis scheduled (12/20 instead of 12/13).

I have verified that changing the event to once, correcting the date and changing back to weekly fixes the problem at least until it records that event again.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Quote:
3.5.0.5 (from file properties) date: 10/18/2002
That doesn't sound right, I think the correct version should be 3.5.02, dated 10/22/02. Try renaming your current app exe and reinstalling the 3.5.2 installer. I don't know where you got a version number of 3.5.05, I didn't think we released a version with that number.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Jeff - 3.5.0.3 is for the mqtcom.dll file, right? And that the latest (at least publicly released) hipix version is 3.5.0.2, right?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by markdl
Jeff - 3.5.0.3 is for the mqtcom.dll file, right? And that the latest (at least publicly released) hipix version is 3.5.0.2, right?
Oops, you're right it's 3.5.02, though the date I had was correct. I've corrected my post, thanks.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Well, it happened again, missed an event last nite, it appears that it happens every wednesday of the week after I set up the event. I set up the event to come on at 12:30am on a daily basis, on Sunday and Monday, I disable the event by checking the box in the list. It works fine from Tuesday thru Sat AM, Tuesday AM it works, but then on Wednesday AM, it fails to launch. I was running the 3.5.1 AND the 3.5.2 .dll patch, so Today, I wiped my install and installed a clean 3.5.2 and going to cross my fingers.

ON another note, how come my events do not start at the :00 of the hour and start at :01 , I had to push my clock one minute forward on my PC to compensate for that, is this another "feature"?

Jim

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Quote:
I was running the 3.5.1 AND the 3.5.2 .dll patch, so Today, I wiped my install and installed a clean 3.5.2 and going to cross my fingers.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, that was a known bug in 3.5.1, so I'm not at all surprised at your results. But I really don't think the problem still exists in 3.5.2, because I've been making heavy use of weekly recordings without any problems.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
But what is the exact difference between the 3.5.1 and the 3.5.2? I thought it was the .dll file only, that's what is listed on the Midwinter site, so what I am saying is that I WAS running 3.5.2, correct?

Jim

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
No, 3.5.2 was a whole new installer with new versions of the main app and scheduler. Then there was a separate dll-only update to take the dll to 3.5.3.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
This is bizarre, Jeff. I know absolutely that if I set weekly timers back up, they will work fine the first week and will definitely fail the second week because the timers will skip the second week - pretty much just exactly as DAP has described. Is there anything that you can think of that I can check or track down for you to aid in sqashing this? I imagine that there's nothing more frustrating for the programmer when the program works fine on your setup and not on other setups.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.