Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Euth is a little confused.

I am looking at all the available tv capture programs looking for the one that best fits me, as ATI's MMC is rediculous. My main concern is to be able to schedule a program for recording without actually loading up the tv capture portion (dont ask me why, that's a thread in and of itself).

I need to know if HiPix works with any old tv capture card, or if it has to be a HiPix card. I have read some threads here that make it seem that some people are making it work on their ATI cards. If not, then I have a completely seperate question.

Does anyone know of a recording program that will allow you to schedule programs without actually loading the TV capture portion of the software?

HiPix looks like it will do that, and PowerVCR will, but PowerVCR hiccups on my setup (sync probs).

Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
The HiPix software only works with the HiPix card. It can display TV on your monitor and you can loop the video from you vga display card thru the HiPix onto a larger screen like a RPTV or direct view screen.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
More precisely, the HiPix allows capture of digital (aka ATSC) broadcasts, and displays but will not capture analog (aka NTSC) broadcasts.

The other products you mentioned are NTSC capture products. There is not as yet a single solution for timeshifting both ATSC and NTSC.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.