AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
I wouldn't buy any Hisense product without first double checking the quality and extent of their costumer support outside of China.
I don't know if you realize but Hisense has a US division and has been selling products here in the states for many years now including at Best Buy and on Amazon so you don't have to worry about product support because it's fully warrantied for the US. :rolleyes:

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
RGB laser is the pinnacle of light sources.
I don't think everyone understands this! Hence the reason for my excitement馃ぉ Even at 16K, I think that's a relative bargain especially for UST with included screen. If they can get the HDR right with those 3500 lumens, I think you'd be set until 8K actually settles in in about 10 years.

Registered
I don't know if you realize but Hisense has a US division and has been selling products here in the states for many years now including at Best Buy and on Amazon so you don't have to worry about product support because it's fully warrantied for the US. :rolleyes:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/2993464-hisense-100-4k-laser-tv-screen-light-leak.html

For $15.000 I wouldn't take any risks. Even for a third of that price I would accept nothing but excellent costumer service. I don't doubt that their products are fully warrantied under US law. I was talking about costumer support, which as we've all seen should be much more than fulfilling a warranty.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Has this product come out yet...kinda interested in the 3 laser deal.
Just curious, are you interested in this as a replacement for the Sony projector you have or as a companion? This projector is an UST (Ultra Short Throw) that sits in front of the screen and has an absolute limit of 120" on screen size. I'm not sure how big your screen is now but if it's bigger than 120", you'll have to downgrade for this Hisense unit.

Registered
Troy,
I may replace the Sony....if the picture image and the tech improvements can be proven. I don鈥檛 mind it being UST. The 120 inch limit is not a factor for me. The form factor along with high quality results is intriguing.

Mike

Registered
Any hands on reviews out yet? Could this actually compete with the 88" 8K OLED?

Registered
Any hands on reviews out yet? Could this actually compete with the 88" 8K OLED?
Not out yet and image quality wise, can't come close to competing against the 8K OLED. For the same reason all the other DLP's can't compete, low contrast.

Registered
Any recent news on this projector?

I may replace my Dell 4K UST projector with this one. It is August 2019 already. No news on its availability yet. :-(

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
Why are you replacing the Dell? Anything wrong with it. Asking because it鈥檚 on my list.
I don't own the Dell but just based on specs alone the Dell is a business projector and doesn't have great color (Rec709 only) or color controls, so he'll gain WAY better color with the 97% Rec2020 coverage the Hisense offers and better color calibration because the Hisense is oriented to home theater. The Dell isn't great on contrast either and I'm sure the Hisense will have better contrast with it's triple lasers, plus no worry about rainbows as the Hisense doesn't have a color wheel and the Dell does (a slow one at that).

If the money is there, that's a no brainer for me.

Reactions: TTBear and imhotep6

Premium Member
Regardless of color source a single chip dmd can still only show on color at a time. So it is a disadvantage vs a 3chip design.

Not if each laser can be duty-cycled fast enough.

Then you have the best of 1- and 3-chip - not throwing a bunch of light away, and no misconvergence.

Registered
Not if each laser can be duty-cycled fast enough.

Then you have the best of 1- and 3-chip - not throwing a bunch of light away, and no misconvergence.
I agree with your point, but technically it is still only one at a time. Just so fast that we can't tell that it is one at a time. :)

Registered
Did I hear him correctly...$12,000? For 120 inch TV?

Registered
Discussion Starter #37
Did I hear him correctly...$12,000? For 120 inch TV?
That's for the current Hisense (dual lasers), this one (triple lasers) will be even more! And it's not just TV; it's an Ultra Short Throw, triple laser, 100% Rec2020 projector...:D

Registered
Awww, bless their heart.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts