AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't link the webpage to TigerDirect since it's not MSRP pricing, but the price is 3 digits not 4 and the specs sound very good for such a price. Not bad sounding for a 32" panel.

1366x768

1200:1 contrast

8 ms response time

800 cd/m2 brightness

DVI /w HDCP

Thoughts?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I saw that as well, I was weary after seeing the brand name because I'd never heard of it, I'll have to take a closer look at it, the specs look nice, I would prefer it to have HDMI.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a little surprised nobody has talked about it more than that, considering the combination fof specs and price and the way everybody seems to be looking for that "magic" cheap LCD that isn't junk.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm happy with mine

------

DTV HD with OTA

·
Registered
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur_255
I'm a little surprised nobody has talked about it more than that, considering the combination fof specs and price and the way everybody seems to be looking for that "magic" cheap LCD that isn't junk.
I'm very interested in it, but it's just too early for me to buy. Hisense is a large, well-respected brand in China, but I doubt if they have a good distribution/repair organization in this country yet. I'd hesitate shipping it to a repair facility half-way across the country if it breaks. If they use local contractors to service the sets, I have questions as to the availabilty of parts and repair manuals to them. I'd feel more comfortable if a major chain would carry them and be responsible for repairs. It seems they are only carried by TigerDirect, which has a very poor reputation. I have the same reservations about other emerging brands in the HDTV area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
this TV looks like a great deal, if you click on the product review tab on its page at tigerdirect, it gets flawless 5-star reviews.... the only thing i need to know is if i hook it up to a PC does it pixel map 1:1?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Don't overlook the TL-3220HD. For $200 more, it has a built-in ATSC tuner - the cheapest LCD of ANY size to have this feature. This will allow you to get OTA HDTV without a set-top box and separate remote. Very nice feature for a bedroom or kitchen TV. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have CableCard.

I read that Hisense makes the stand-alone ATSC tuner for Wal-Mart sold under the U.S. Digital brand.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if the Hisense panels begin showing up for sale at Walmart actually. I've seen things from their brand distributed at walmart before. Probably under a different brand though if it happens. When they re-brand stuff as Ilo or Durabrand it's so frustrating since you can't tell who made it anymore.

Tiger direct also puts these tvs up for auction at eBay, but with reserves on them. I've thought about putting in a low $500 bid to see what kind of reserve they've set. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here is a # some of you may want to call to clarify some of your questions. Hisense USA warranty line 888-935-8880. Only info I got was Tiger Direct is an authorized dealer and "shortly" they will have a repair network here in the US.

The one year warranty on the set is a one-year on site. Their dead pixel policy is more than 4 at the time of sale will be exchanged or replaced.

Another interesting note is on the warranty page "No authorized dealers are allowed to sell the products plasma display monitors on the Internet, through an online retailer or any similar e-tailing website." So I wonder why Tiger is selling the Hisense plasma.

And it does do 1:1 mapping.

·
Registered
59 Posts
FWIW, the Ilo 26" LCD is made by Initial. I bought one, and it's quite nice. Downside is that it isn't HDCP compatible, so you can't use the DVI input with an SA HD cable box.

The Ilo 23" is made by Tatung, as is the Ilo 42" ED Plasma.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just ordered one of these based on the reviews on TD(probably edited)and the specs and price.I will let you all know how this display is once I give it the onceover.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.