·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really psyched - waiting on Electronic Express to get mine to the front door.

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm probably guying this TV before football season. No rush, but seems very solid for good price
Should be easier to find by then too. Right now, Amazon and Best Buy are estimating July for inventory.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I own the TCL R635 and I can't help but wonder if this will be a big upgrade over that tv or if I should just stick with what I've got?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Confirmed list of known bugs or annoyances reported by owners submitted by PM:
Issues with username are issues with specific set, not generally seen by others.

1. Does not properly follow EOTF curve and over-brightens/washes out some HDR images
2. The 55" U8G still has a ghosting issue in game mode (it's been fixed on the 65" version)
3. Issues with Xbox console and local dimming. In some cases local dimming will be disabled while in game mode.
4. Orange mic lights on the TV do not turn off (or turn off only to turn back on soon after) when the TVs built in microphone is turned off.

EDIT: I think game mode ghosting can be removed as an issue with this set now at least for the 65". It appears it's been completely fixed with the latest firmware update (L0721) plus the extra TCON upgrade. Great job Hisense!

·
Registered
75” Z8H, 77” A9G
204 Posts
Finally a U8G thread! Excited to get mine but pretty nervous ordering it from Electronic Express. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and they get it here soon and in good shape.

I'm trying to decide if I should get a Roku Ultra to go with this since they're on sale right now.
We had our Z8H delivered from Electronic Express… it came double boxed and in great shape. Good experience.

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm trying to decide if I should get a Roku Ultra to go with this since they're on sale right now.
I am not a fan of Roku, but since the TV has Android TV built in, Roku would be a good second choice to cover all bases i.e. if you want 4K from Fox Sports, the only way is a Roku Ultra, as the Android TV app isnt supported yet. The Ultra works fine, assuming they dont kick the channel off their platform, or refuse adding new ones.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I own the TCL R635 and I can't help but wonder if this will be a big upgrade over that tv or if I should just stick with what I've got?
Kind of the same. Looking forward to what other people have to say.

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It would be for sure if you game at [email protected]
Unless I am mistaken, the R635 does not have 2.1 ports.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Got one through electronics express distribution through walmart. Should be here soon. I hope this launch is everything the Sony x900h wasn’t. If we get what this set says it does our if the box, it’s a real winner esp for the price. I just wish it was offered in 75 at least.

·
Registered
582 Posts

So there's some issues with game mode that can hopefully be addressed. I really hope that local dimming being disabled is a bug that gets fixed. It looks like it could be a setting too though so we'll see. He has the "instant game response" or whatever that setting is set to on/auto which may be what's disabling his ability to play with the local dimming? Not sure but hopefully there's a solution for that and his no sound issue at 120hz on HDMI input 4. I also don't know that he checked HDMI input 3 for the local dimming? It fixed his sound issue so maybe it's just port 4 that was having issues? Not sure from the video. I'll definitely be playing around with that stuff with my PS5 once I get mine.

He does say it's about 15ms input lag for game mode (which is good) and like 127ms outside game mode (which is terrible). So yeah you're going to have to play games in game mode the same as last years H9G.

And from the looks of it it is outputting 120hz. At least the TV and the Xbox are both reporting 120hz so that's good assuming it's reporting properly. Hopefully rtings or someone can really get that tested to be sure soon. I don't know how to check that myself other than running something at both 60 and 120 and panning around and hopefully seeing the difference.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
This being Android, did any of the reviewers check what processor this TV is using? Guessing some Mediatek variant?

·
Registered
582 Posts
FOMO apparently didn't have the issues JoelsterG4K was having with gaming. No idea if FOMO used port 3 or 4.

I don't know what's up with this comparison though. The Samsung looked way better to me with the brightness and color saturation to the point that something seems wrong. If I wanted a set sapped of all color and life I'd have stuck with X900H ;)

I wonder what settings are being used. That VRR/Freesync Hisense uses is not worth the drop in brightness if that's the issue there. It's only 48-60hz I believe. So in my ignorance of 120hz along with VRR I maybe just don't understand what's happening but something does not seem right either with their settings or the TV. Maybe someone with knowledge on that stuff can explain hopefully?

Edit: To maybe make what I just said more understandable...if he is running Dirt 5 on an Xbox Series X at 4K 120fps (I'm assuming this), and the TV is also outputting 120hz then I don't believe the VRR is doing anything. The VRR on this set only works at 48-60hz. Meaning unless he has Dirt 5 running at 48-60fps, I don't think there's any advantage to having VRR on. It may be hurting the picture going by Joelster's video. It could be what's taking all the color out of the U8G there. I'd really like to see the settings and what other settings are available. It could be that local dimming is not on on his set either, or some other color/brightness enhancing option is off or not available. The H9G didn't have this issue so if it is an issue with the set itself I bet it can be fixed pretty quickly with a firmware update. I think it could be user error though lol. We'll see.

1 - 20 of 3443 Posts