AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,I just want to thank everyone for helping me decide on a RPTV.This is my first post, but I've been reading them for weeks.I'm very happy with the 51swx20b.The PQ on Dish Network leaves much to be desired though.I'm sure it's the compression of the signal.It seems to lack detail.I'm having it calibrated by ISfer Randy Tomlinson.He reviews TV's for The Perfect Vision Mag.Btw,is there a advantage to waiting thru a break-in period before I get it calibrated? He says no.Thanks again.Mostly to Mfusick.

You helped a lot. Regards,Pete:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Pete...I need to second your thoughts on AVS. I just purchased th 57SWX20B that will be delivered today. With the help of this forum and the great posts left here, I was able to make an informed decision. Also, I was able to purchase the 57 for $2499 from CC (Had to buy and extended warranty to get that price...wife made me do it!). My day today will be to build a new entertainment center to house the beast (The TV, not my wife) and I'll post pictures when it is all finished. Thanks AVS!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,You got a great price!I paid $2429.00 for the 51" at CC.Did not get the extended warrente.They matched the Sears price.I'm looking for a country or traditional style cabinet/rack to hold my gear.The ones I've seen are to contemporary for our decor.Congrats on the new set,Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.