AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking off and on for an HDTV set... I've seen the Sony 51" Set (can't remember the model #) and the HIT 53UWX10BA (Hitachi) the hitachi one from Circuit City looks very bright, but they are showing it using Toy Story from a Progressive Scan DVD player... when I went to CC's web site, I had mixed reviews for taking DTV Satalite Feeds...

so I'm looking for opinions both on the HIT 53UWX10BA and if those opinions are negative... suggestions for other sets to look at... this is the equipment I plan on hooking up to the unit...

Philips HDR6000R01 DirecTV Reciver with Tivo Server

Philips HDR30201 StandAlone Tivo

Apex AD600A (has composite outs... proabbly replace it later)

A computer (need to be able to play quake3 in 1080i) ;-)

Possibly an HDTV reciver in the future (already have the 18x24 dtv dish)

Any suggetions/comments/help would be greatly appreciated)

-TivoTechie

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bought the 61" UWX series.... it's great, I love it.

I'm using a progressive scan DVD for movies right now, and plan to order a set-top box in the *very* near future for satellite HDTV.

I'm also viewing glorious NTSC analog via Big Dish satellite. Truly a site to behold. Digicipher II digital channels also look outstanding on this great new TV. My only complaint is that on a 4x3 image, the sidebars are varying shades of grey. I haven't found a way to make them black; don't know if it's possible. My wife likes the grey though.

If you have the room and the extra cash, get the 61" one. That said, you'll be happy with the 53". It's a little sharper than the 61" (same CRT I think).

--> LSN

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.