AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here

Hit 57SWX20B question about inputs....

255 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  gambrelw
I am out of component space on this set and I was wanting to know it it was OK to have a set of component cables hooked into Input 1 as well as a DVI cable. The component cable is for a PS2 and the DVI is for my HD Cable. I realize they both cant be on at the same time, but would it be ok for both inputs to be used correct? As long as I unplug the cable box while I am using my PS2? My Xbox is on the 2nd Input so no room there.

Thanks,

chef423
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I found my answer, nevermind. Thanks anyway!

chef
What is the answer, I have this exact tv and was kind of curious myself, it would be great to free up the component input for ps2 instead of using s-video.
Quote:
Originally posted by lrock59040
What is the answer, I have this exact tv and was kind of curious myself, it would be great to free up the component input for ps2 instead of using s-video.
Well, to be honest, I have a Denon AVR-5800 receiver that has 3 component inputs and 1 monitor output. I didnt know if the receiver could handle a true 1080i input to output without distortion. Well, i found out it can, so i didnt need the answer to this thread about using the same input. Sorry!

My advice would be to buy a well made switcher that has component inputs, audio, s-vid, etc...
lrock59040,

The answer is that is okay to use both. You will just need to power down the DVI device on input 1 when you want to use component as DVI is the dominant input.

Bill
Excellent, thanks alot. Any idea where I can get a reasonably priced DVI cable, most everywhere around here only carries monster.
I sent you a PM. There are a lot of overpriced DVI cables. There is no need to spend lots of mony on a DVI cable. I have seen poor DVI cables in action and it did do poor things to the display, but it is not common.

Bill
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.