AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a "what would you do if you were me" question. CC delivered my 65XWX two weeks ago. The delivery goons (forgive me, I'm angry) seemingly decided that my purchase wasn't deserving of extra special care and managed to slightly damage the bottom back corner of the cabinet. I had CC service tech hot-glue it one week later. I spoke with a store manager and immediately he said we'll send you a new set. I asked for some money back (a few hundred maybe?) for the damaged set mostly because a re-deliver is somewhat of an inconvenience. They are hesitating with giving some money back because they said I got such a good deal (it was pretty good, I thought, but that is not the issue at hand).

What would you want if it were your set? Would you worry about internal damage (I doubt the bump was any more serious than bouncing around in the delivery truck). Would you worry that there could be more issues with the replacement so don't sweat the small stuff? Just curious...

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You want the same TV. You have reservations about possible damage to your current TV. The store has offered to deliver you a new one to replace the one you have. I think a little incovenience of waiting on the delivery folks would outweigh the piece of mind you would have by having a brand spanking new (not dropped) TV. Have them deliver the new one and enjoy it......

·
Registered
291 Posts
I agree with you, Rich. I'd ask for a partial refund too in the same situation. I'd accept it in the form of a store credit, and pick up a new DVD player or something. A store manager may be more willing to provide a store credit than a refund. If he's not willing to do something to compensate you for the incompetence of their delivery crew, I'd be telling them to come get their set, and issue me a refund. Then go buy it somewhere else. (If you got an especially good deal, make a copy of your receipt to use as a price match somewhere else.)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the opinions. I'm glad I got two differing ones as part of the reason for this post was to see if my expectations were reasonable.

As it turns out, the Asst. Store Manager kindly offered me a reasonable store credit OR a new set. I have had a less than stellar experience with CC in the past; however in this instance they have been more than fair and will probably get my business again in the future.

BTW, I gladly accepted the store credit as I have had NO apparent picture problems and the damage is only minor/cosmetic. Now I can move on and really enjoy the new set!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sears delivery goons dropped my 57SWX20B on its back. I told the guys not to even bother going up the driveway with it and take it back. I immediately called Sears delivery, they ordered me a new set, which arrived in 2 days with another delivery crew, consisting of 3 NFL players!!!!

They were REAL carefull this time. Sears also refunded my delivery charge.

I dont have to woory if there was any internal damage to the dropped unit, since I never took delivery of that one.

Sometimes peace of mind is better than trying to get money back for inconvenience.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sears delivery goons dropped my 57SWX20B on its back. I told the guys not to even bother going up the driveway with it and take it back. I immediately called Sears delivery, they ordered me a new set, which arrived in 2 days with another delivery crew, consisting of 3 NFL players!!!!

They were REAL carefull this time. Sears also refunded my delivery charge.

I dont have to woory if there was any internal damage to the dropped unit, since I never took delivery of that one.

Sometimes peace of mind is better than trying to get money back for inconvenience.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When dealing with CC, you have a resource available that few other retailers have -- the Customer Cool Line. This is a hotline set up by CC corporate to handle customer complaints that weren't properly handled at the store level. It is a corporate-level thing, not something run at the store-level or division-level, so they couldn't care less that some manager isn't going to make his bonus.

When I worked at CC many years back, I saw stubborn sales managers suddenly do backflips for the customer in response to a Cool Line call. The Cool Line people check back with the customer the next day, and if the manager hasn't gotten the situation handled, the **** comes rolling down hill like the wrath of god. CC has a very structured, by-the-numbers corporate culture, so a sales manager having poor customer service scores or a lot of Cool Line calls is screwing his upward mobility.

If you have a legitimate complaint, and a CC store or sales manager is not taking care of you, just ask him for the Cool Line number and permission to use a store phone to call it. Chances are he'll turn green and give you what you want immediately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.