AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hitach 50vs810 issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I have a Hitach 50vs810 LCD, bought around 16 months ago.

The picture fades to black for around a few seconds then comes back, probably does this maybe once a minute.

It's been like that for a while, I checked with Hitachi and it's not the bulb - it either works or doesn't

I'm asking because I have a choice of either

Pay $350 to buy an extended warranty from Circuit City then get them to come out

Pay $125 to get somebody to take a look, and then pay whatever it costs to rpeiar

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckythump /forum/post/0

hitach 50vs810 issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I have a Hitach 50vs810 LCD, bought around 16 months ago.

The picture fades to black for around a few seconds then comes back, probably does this maybe once a minute.

It's been like that for a while, I checked with Hitachi and it's not the bulb - it either works or doesn't

I'm asking because I have a choice of either

Pay $350 to buy an extended warranty from Circuit City then get them to come out

Pay $125 to get somebody to take a look, and then pay whatever it costs to rpeiar

Thanks in advance

if you plan on keeping the tv i would get the EW i had the hitachi 60in 500v and the problem with that model are well known i dont know how the 810 has been but just for example i had to have three light engines put in my Hitachi and if i didn't have an EW the repairs would have cost me $1600 EACH so the EW was well worth it i have since had the tv replaced with the sony 60in xbr2 from the warranty co, another benefit , also most EW cover bulb replacements and they can go for $250-$450 so imo i would never get a tv without an EW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.