Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone owning a hitachi 20b series rptv should try this;

Using the new digital video essentials dvd , and the new color bar pattern , reset you color decoder up using the standard setting which is:

color temp.=standard

contrast=50

brightness=50

color=50

tint=mid

sharpness=50

I know that the red push fix addressed this before with value changes to; ry=2

r/b=3

gy=1

g/b=4

if you change these to ry=02

r/b=07

gy=00

g/b=07 you should have the red,green & blue bars dead on no matter where you adjust you contrast etc.

Try these basic settings after the decoder tweaks= contrast=11

brightness=48

color=50

tint=mid

sharpness=50

Of course only do this if you have done the red fix,colorgo to 01

g-str-o to 0 for the lime green fix

VSM A4 thru AE to 0

aprtr-a to 00 to reduce ghosting

Basically change the decoder values using the colored filters until everything looks correct .Once set at the factory contrast /brightness levels .Everything seems to follow thru with great results,regardless of where you decide to have your contrast/brightness levels set.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 57TWX...and DVE DVD is on its way to me. I will try this when I get it!!:)

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steviec
Basically change the decoder values using the colored filters until everything looks correct .Once set at the factory contrast /brightness levels .Everything seems to follow thru with great results,regardless of where you decide to have your contrast/brightness levels set.
It is recommended to isolate the guns using the menu rather than using the color filters (they do not completely filter out all other colors) for more accurate results.

If one has calibrated via AVIA, there should be no reason to have to recalibrate with VE. But, I will get the new VE and verify that results are identical.

·
Registered
149 Posts
By no means am I an expert.. I only got Avia 10 days ago and got DVE

yesterday. I found the color and sharpness calibration screens to be

much better on DVE, and was able to make slight adjustments to my

Avia based config. This is on my 36" CRT, I haven't tried using DVE

on a CRT RPTV yet.

--

Tom

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DVE has a whole new color bar setup pattern that is good for everything from std tv to hdtv setup.It is much more advanced than avia. One big difference is that DVE was mastered in a very special way making it outstanding over the old avia and vid.ess dvds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.