AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , I have a question about Hitachi's 32HDT20 and CMP4201U. The 32HDt20 of course is 32" and the other is 42" but they seem very similiar in specs. The 32" does have more inputs , but they both seem very similiar to me the novice. The 32" costs a few hundred $'s on the average more than the 42" as well. Could someone please help me out with the differences between these two models.

I am looking for a the best bang for the buck on a 32" - 42" plasma true hdtv. It does seem that Hitachi makes regular tv that you get from cable or sat look the best as well. The panasonics do look good too , that would be my other choice at this point from what I have actually seem. I just need more data and understanding.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Let's compare the two 42" models:

The CMP-4121HDU and the 42HDT20 are basicly the same display but

the 42HDT20 includes Speakers , NTSC Tuner and Table Top Stand.

The CMP4201U is a newer model ( I don't know any replacement for the 42HDT20)

The 32HDT20 is a smaller version of the 42HDT20.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if they are basically the same then the cmp-4121hdu would be a better buy at 42" opposed to 32" because it is cheaper than the 32" unit and 42" in size. Is it fair to assume this?

What about ALiS that Hitachi and Fuji uses in there displays? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Is the Hitachi 32hdt20 worth $4000$ ? I have a place locally that is selling it at that price. I need a 32" display that is true HDTV and is going to give me a nice picture with regular tv.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.