AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an Hitachi 32 from Circuit City and am wondering if an owner would share their color settings preferences. It will only be used for Comcast digital and their hdtv stations. Bought this one for the bedroom due to its small footprint and weight. Thanks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I posted some service menu tweaks for the 36udx10sa in this thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=249348

They should apply to the 32udx10s as well. You should also select "movie mode" to enable 3/2 pulldown. For the rest of the adjustments, you really should purchase a copy of Avia or Video Essentials or use the thx optimode test patterns present on some dvds.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 32UDX10SA is fabulous on Comcast digital cable. It takes your breath away with a mesmerizing picture. The TV is obviously optimized for it.Spiderman thru S-video on HBO was better than on dvd on s-video thru a 36 10 year old Mit. In a direct comparson Moulin Rouge on cable was close to component video quality dvd thru a new Sony dvd player without the chroma bug.

Thanks for the Sharpness tip. I set it to 5,Bright at 68,contrast 68,color warm 45.

My only complaint is the remote. I really struggled with the balland it is difficult to move to change settings and is always advancing to the next setting. Getting HDTV receiver tonite and can't wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.