AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've previously posted that of the two 32udx10s sets I've had, both exhibited 8% left and 4% right overscan.. and images appeared to be somewhat cutoff on the left side. However, on the in-store set, no image shift was detected (using the RP56 DVD player).

Well, I woke up this morning thinking about it and for some crazy reason, I put the RP91 into the equation and got to wondering if the reported left shift characteristic of the RP91 on 16:9 sets could be my problem too.

So I cranked up Avia, finally got to the overscan pattern and did the RP91 right shift trick. 6 steps later I had a perfectly centered image that now shows 6% overscan on either side.

(BTW, is there any quicker way to get to some of the buried test patterns in Avia rather than skipping frame by frame to them?)

Now this is more overscan than I'd like, but at least it's centered. Can overscan be readily reduced?

I'm surprised some of you gurus didn't put this together and suggest the right shift trick for the RP91.. that is, unless by doing so I'm still masking a problem with the Hitachi.

Funny thing is that I'm sure I didn't see the left shift/mismatched overscan problem when I had the JVC analog set connected via component cables. And I know I didn't have this problem on the JVC when I was running the 2 sets side by side (JVC connected via S-video cable).

Could this just be a RP91/digital set problem? Am I missing something here? What do you think?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.